COMPLETED Sundown SAE 1500D

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually saw that one for 299 Im waiting for a reply on a question. I asked if it was cosmetically damaged or was it actually repaired. It matters cause for about 59 dollars more I can get one that hasn't been opened up.

You can likely find a korean 1500 for new for not much more. Wolfram is 350 before all the discounts they post. You trying to match one you already have?
Got 2 Sundown SA 12's and I'm kinda OCD about proper power and cosmetics. I figure why not use the amp that was actually made with these specific subs in mind. The Sundown 1500 fits my subs perfectly plus as far as power goes if I go any bigger in my car I'll definitely need an alternator. Can't quite afford the going rate of an h.o. alternator for my current vehicle. Theyre getting good power now. I just want to match them correctly not trying to win any contest just personal preference

Last edited:

You can likely find a korean 1500 for new for not much more. Wolfram is 350 before all the discounts they post. You trying to match one you already have?
Oh I bought a Korean 1500 actually 2 of them and their 4 channel or so I thought 2 RE Audio 1500.1's and RE Audio 90.4 for my hi's and mids I was told RE's build house was Korean. Anyways the 2 1500.1's seem to be getting fairly warm and before they go into protection mode lol (not saying they will) and give me a migraine. I'm jumping into action 😂 Oh also the 1500.1's aren't 1500w RMS either bad badging by RE they are actually 900w RMS. Lol I thought was about to be bassing like the YouTube videos I saw that made me purchase these. Those guys are running 3000 watts or better on these. I thought I would be doing the same but I read the spec's after the purchase like a dummy. So I'm gonna sell these 2 because the 4 channel is just right and tone it down a little with the 1500 just to have trusted power, properly rated within warranty

Last edited:
Message delivered loud and clear but I mean picking the 1500.1 because you think it makes sense to go with your sa’s is the same logic that has people paying way too much to match their jl subs with jl amps. Your subs aren’t going to detect that your amp is a sundown. A taramps 1800 will under 200$ Will far more energy efficient for stock electricity.

Those sa subs will handle more power than rated. I get why you might want a sundown amp and all. Sundown support all looking pretty etc.After all it is your system to build how you want.
That being said I'd go for the 3k you don't have to use all the power. Your gain will be low and the amp will be less stressed than the 1500.
You could also go with the new sfb 3k for around the same price as the 1500

I
Message delivered loud and clear but I mean picking the 1500.1 because you think it makes sense to go with your sa’s is the same logic that has people paying way too much to match their jl subs with jl amps. Your subs aren’t going to detect that your amp is a sundown. A taramps 1800 will under 200$ Will far more energy efficient for stock electricity.
I heard about Taramps and I see them mentioned on numerous forums and different websites. I actually was offered a Taramps 3000 but as I said before that would require me to upgrade my alternator and that's not what I'm trying to do. I hadn't looked into what Taramps offers and or costs. I probably more than likely won't be getting the sundown 1500.1 cause everyone that I saw online with one for sale haven't responded and definitely not spending the 4 to 5 hundred for one brand new I figured making a valiant effort to find one in my price range was necessary for me to be satisfied in my head

Last edited:
Those sa subs will handle more power than rated. I get why you might want a sundown amp and all. Sundown support all looking pretty etc.After all it is your system to build how you want.
That being said I'd go for the 3k you don't have to use all the power. Your gain will be low and the amp will be less stressed than the 1500.
What's SFB

I've been told they're underrated I also know that that is the truth. But I would still rather stick with a lower wattage amp. #1 my hi's and mids will definitely need upgrading ( I actually like to "hear the words" and the bass) if I go 3k, at least from the pricing I've seen and been given, at least $500 for an alternator with proper amperage, somewhere around 2 to 3 hundred for a 3k like a Taramps or something, not to mention either more components added to what I have or better ones. All of this and I only have about 350 to spend . So I'm going to give the guys I contacted a day or so to get back to me if not I'll have to take one of the routes you guys have suggested just not 3k

I've been told they're underrated I also know that that is the truth. But I would still rather stick with a lower wattage amp. #1 my hi's and mids will definitely need upgrading ( I actually like to "hear the words" and the bass) if I go 3k, at least from the pricing I've seen and been given, at least $500 for an alternator with proper amperage, somewhere around 2 to 3 hundred for a 3k like a Taramps or something, not to mention either more components added to what I have or better ones. All of this and I only have about 350 to spend . So I'm going to give the guys I contacted a day or so to get back to me if not I'll have to take one of the routes you guys have suggested just not 3k
You can set it up to only put out the amount of power you want to use. Just a suggestion
Like I said you don't have to use all the power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...