Sundown Audio X15 & 8” BAP, do these specs look ok?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Silver06

CarAudio.com Newbie
My 8” from Big Ass Ports arrived today so I can finally move forward with my build and stop just staring at the stuff sitting in my house.

The vehicle is a 2006 Acura RSX Base model and a Sundown Audio SFB 2K will be powering the sub. I want it to be as musical as possible with quaking lows. My original plan was to compete in IASCA or MECA music classes...

EBA1C282-06F0-4A71-971F-BB91BF006547.jpeg
E68B43BD-0BCD-4AF1-B50D-77402E753E40.jpeg
C14667CA-C7F2-4968-8C1B-CF0438BD6FEC.jpeg

Sundown’s specs: 4.25 Cu Ft @32Hz

Here’s the box I was suggested:

•Red Oak (4.75 Cu ft3 | 12” Port Length | 30-31Hz)
•Port 9” from rear of the box
•Front | Back| Sides - Double layer 3 Quarter - Top - 4 layer 1 layer sub flush mount.

The guy that was supposed to help me ghosted me so I’m probably going to make an appointment at a shop to see what that would charge or if they’ve even done anything like this.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The vehicle is a 2006 Acura RSX Base model and a Sundown Audio SFB 2K will be powering the sub. I want it to be as musical as possible with quaking lows. My original plan was to compete in IASCA or MECA music classes...

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

X15 on a SFB2K... competing?
I feel that with that power level if you can you may want to increase airspace to get some gains in output.

That said, doing so should make the response peakier around tuning so increasing it a bunch will affect musicality but if big low end output is what you're after on that power planned. I'd certainly go a bit bigger myself. That RSX is a hatch so just configure it correctly, then play with positioning to find what gives you the best output.

Most setups I've seen putting down decent numbers with an X15 are in the 2.5-3K range wired low or even more when wired 1 ohm.

If you need help with a box, I can. We actually use 8" big ass ports. You don't need that much wood thickness on the side, especially if you're using birch. Internal bracing> multiple layers of outside walls. I would not do 4.75 cubes, I'd just do the 4.25 cubes. Port area will be great with that 8"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.