Sundown audio has been bought and prices are going up after their sale

needmowatts
Pro Seller

CarAudio.com Recruit
USA
Just gotta email letting me know sundown audio has been bought out 😱

-

Sundown audio sale: save up to 30% when you signup under a new account for the extra 5% off
Sundown audio Subwoofers
Sundown Audio Speakers
Sundown Audio Amplifiers

Don't really car unless they start lying like xspower.

If Jacob can continue to focus on r&d I think it will be benificial but I think it will eventually become more restrictive on him as he isn't controlling the expense account anymore. So his liberties are restricted by someone else to some point.

I saw that last night. Don't really care though as Sundown has already gotten way overpriced. I have had like 8 Sundown subs in the past back when they were more worth it.

My first SA-8s were $99 each. Now they are $250. 💩

I saw that last night. Don't really care though as Sundown has already gotten way overpriced. I have had like 8 Sundown subs in the past back when they were more worth it.

My first SA-8s were $99 each. Now they are $250. 💩

The prices do be hurting though. SFB series seem like a decent deal but I only get the subs second hand or on sale.

Id Rather buy Audiopipe than SD products. Even Pyle or Lanzar!!!

We know you got butt hurt buy @sundownz statement on here. But like it or not his statement is the law of business.

Too expensive don't buy it someone else will.

You throw insults at the product repetitively like it's the product that's bad. Other than the sfb amps sundown product has always been well above board.

Wolfram and skar deserve the hate even CT sounds had a period in the early days of the company where they did shady things as did tantric sounds. Audio companies pop up and shill copy/pasted products constantly, and while we all would love cheaper product and we all love finding that budget banger cost rising is just part of most if not all business.

How Jacob worded that response may have been foolish but you are talking about a statement made quite some time ago. Who else in this industry is actually doing real r&d? Most companies have stalemated even Rockfords line is almost in entirety 10years old, Memphis 8 years, JL is for the most part the same thing with minor updates since I've been in audio for nearly 15yrs the amps may change slightly but pretty much still the same. Mtx I haven't seen in a shop in 10yrs.

I'll be honest. I have only owned one Sundown 15 before. I didn't like the sound and have never bought from them again. Same with Soundqube. I bought a 15 and it sounded like poo-poo. So I have never bought from them again. Its all personal preference.

I have always been a budget build guy. I love going to the competitions and seeing a guy with a budget build put up big numbers just like the big money builds.

I wish Jacob the best. Most of us would of done the same. If we owned a business and someone offered us enough money to buy it out. We would all take that crap and run.

If we owned a business and someone offered us enough money to buy it out.
Yes. Assuming they're not just putting him on a salary to continue to manage things on that side anyway it would be nice to think he made enough to retire comfortably, he seemed like a nice guy and a genuine enthusiast when I met with him in the early days... IMO he certainly earned it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...