Subwoofers Won't Play Audio

Participant count
  • Participant list

SleepySaab

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello all!
This is my first time trying to setup a subwoofer system so I'm still very new to the whole wiring scheme of things so bear with me!

Below Is a wiring diagram that I made to show my audio system that I'm trying to build. To my knowledge everything should check out and be working properly.

Whenever I play music, nothing comes out of the subwoofers. The amp is supposed to turn on automatically because it has that built in when it senses a signal, but it wont. When the RCA cable is in, it wont light up/turn on. When I plug in the turn-on lead, then it lights up. But even then it wont play music out of the subs

And yes, the volume is up on the head unit, and amp. I also made sure the head unit's "subwoofer" button is turned on.

Any help is appreciated!!
Wiring System for Car audio.png

Gotta be a setting for the subwoofer RCA outputs. Or subwoofer level is all the way down.

Swap the RCAs from the subwoofer output to the "rear" RCAs and see if that turns the amp on and plays music.

Gotta be a setting for the subwoofer RCA outputs. Or subwoofer level is all the way down.

Swap the RCAs from the subwoofer output to the "rear" RCAs and see if that turns the amp on and plays music.
Amp volume setting is set 3/4 high.

Checked all RCA outputs and even tried the rear speaker RCA outputs and nothing. Made sure to try different RCA wires too and nothing.
Went into the head unit and made sure the subwoofer output option was on and it was.

I went with a multimeter to every connection on my wiring system and there's even 12v going to the amp but its not pushing an audio signal. The back of the sub box shows that I have an impedance of 4ohm so I know the wiring in the box is good.

I made sure to check the ground again and go around with the wire brush again to make sure all paint was gone from connection point
This could only mean the amp is bad right?

Amp volume setting is set 3/4 high.

Checked all RCA outputs and even tried the rear speaker RCA outputs and nothing. Made sure to try different RCA wires too and nothing.
Went into the head unit and made sure the subwoofer output option was on and it was.

I went with a multimeter to every connection on my wiring system and there's even 12v going to the amp but its not pushing an audio signal. The back of the sub box shows that I have an impedance of 4ohm so I know the wiring in the box is good.

I made sure to check the ground again and go around with the wire brush again to make sure all paint was gone from connection point
This could only mean the amp is bad right?

Check your RCA voltage coming out the headunit. Try to see if the headunit is the issue or the amp.

Do you have an RCA to 3.5mm cable? You can connect your phone to it and into the amp and see if that works.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.