Subwoofers Aren't As Loud as Yesterday

So, with those two subs how much wattage would I need? I believe they both have a rating of 150 RMS, so I need an amp with around 150Wx2 RMS @ 4 ohms right?
no, you want a mono amp. Meaning one channel, then you wire the subs together. Will be a cleaner sound, you get a subsonic filter, and use less power to make the same wattage. Look for a 300-500wrms @ 2ohms rating from a quality amp.

you will wire them together for a 2ohm load.

KwQ8HIU.png

verify every single point of termination and connection along your power/ground wire path. may or may not find something, but you will benefit from checking and tightening all connections regularly

I already did that and I tightened everything up, but that is not the issue.

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

I think i am going to invest in a Rockford Fosgate 500W RMS x 1 at 2ohms

I already did that and I tightened everything up, but that is not the issue. 

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

I think i am going to invest in a Rockford Fosgate 500W RMS x 1 at 2ohms
if its more expensive than whats been listed, youre wasting your money on the rf name

On Ebay it is $130 for the RF R500x1D, and I think that's the one I want to go with because I don't really want to spend over $140 right now.
if thats new seems like a good enough deal to me although the rockford prime series of amps are just the same as almost any other board within that price range

im not calling them bad, just letting you know where they are in the foodchain

On Ebay it is $130 for the RF R500x1D, and I think that's the one I want to go with because I don't really want to spend over $140 right now.
the FSD audio amp i showed you its 700wrms at 1 ohm and around 500 at 2. So more then enough power for right now then later you can get bigger subs in single 2 ohm or dual 4 ohm and get 700 from the amp.

Its 140, better then the RF for sure

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.