subwoofer system questions

Participant count
  • Participant list
Originally posted by CheapPyramidStuff:I want more bass! I want my backside to get the best massage of its life! What should I get if I want to spend $800-1000 on subs and the amps to drive them? Thanks for your input.
Right now http://www.thezeb.com has punch hx2's on sale for 119.99 each for the 12's. Put two of these in a ported box. Powered by a JBL1200.1 and it will knock fillings loose
$240 for the subs $300 for the amp. Even if you have to get someone to build the box you will still come out well within your budget.

Thanks a lot. I figured that fosgate would be the way to go. What about Polk or MTX? I haven't heard much about MTX on this site. I was just wondering because about a year ago this guy that I know put in a "really sweet system" for about $2500 CDN. That included install and an alarm, but it doesn't sound like $1600-1700 USD worth of bass. It's loud sure, but it's not SUPER loud. Plus all he got, if my memory serves me correctly, is a Clarion deck, two 5 1/4" (I'm pretty sure hooked to the deck) and two MTX subs hooked to a MTX amp. I don't know models because this was before I got into car audio. I just want to know some opinions on MTX, or any other brands that I should check out.

MTX makes some great somewhat affordable products. But, there are many subs and amps that can out compete MTX. This is only my opinion but I'm willing to bet more people would agree with me than would disagree. Polk also makes decent speakers. Although Rockford Fosgate seems to be the leader in the bass world, MTX or Polk would not be a bad choice.

I'm also rather new to this. I just orderd the Punch HX2s off of thezeb.com. If you want good and cheap stick to the internet for expensive pieces. You can get good **** for the price of cheap crap.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.