Subs not hitting as hard as i want

Most likely box.

Also the Cruze has a 140 amp alternator which is good for a Sedan, your dad might have a 20-30 amp advantage over you plus better efficency rating if your alt has never been replaced. His car might also have better OEM deadening as well.
Only difference ive noticed with deadening is his trunk had a carpet liner on the lid, other than that they're both **** GM cars, we're both running dual batteries aswell, so idk if the alternator would be the cause, I dont have a multimeter on hand, but my lights don't dim no matter the music setting so idk if it's that or not

Also, I feel I worded it wrong, it isn't necessarily his is louder than mine, its just the bass is deeper. If I had to describe it, mine will flick your forehead but his will punch you in the jaw. It still shakes the car and what not the same, it just doesn't have that same punch

So how is the sound supposed to get up into the passenger compartment with the box squeezed so tight in there? I bet your dad has a bigger trunk and there's actually some room for the sound wave to get around the box and pass through into the cabin.

I think you're just fighting the challenge of trying to get loud out of a trunk. You'd very likely do better with a smaller box, though possibly just changing positions or aiming it forward and pulling it all the way back will help. You really don't have a lot of options with that box in that vehicle I'm afraid but try to reposition the box and see what that does and if there's any factory sound deadening or steel that you can remove between the trunk and the cabin removing that should gain you some.

I'd agree that Rockford isn't building a completely **** box. I'd guess you would gain more from a larger box but you can't fit the one you have so that's not a fix for you. IDK what else to tell you. Throw that setup in an SUV, hatchback, or wagon and you'd gain about 3 clicks on the volume knob worth of output just from not being in a trunk.

Best advice I have is if you like to get loud don't ever buy a sedan again.

i think those boxes are engineered to be as loud and as efficient as possible given their size.
They are made to give decent sound, but not to optimize efficiency. Subwoofer companies usually purposely make their boxes on the small side so they don’t have a bunch of warranty returns from inexperienced people over driving their subs and blowing them. A little smaller box than optimal actually helps save fosgate money on blown woofer returns. Not the worst box ever probably, but not the optimal box either.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.