Subs conflicting with speakers wires??

Participant count
  • Participant list

1994 Ford F150

CarAudio.com Newbie
Kansas
I recently switched out my stock door speakers to some JBL 6.5's and normally have no issues, but with songs that have bass they distort really bad. Im not sure why. I have dual 12 in subs in the backseat of my truck and when i turn the subs off using the head unit, the distortion stops. Wondering if anybody knows if its wiring or what. Im maybe thinking the bass is shaking the wiring causing it to get connection isses a bit.

I recently switched out my stock door speakers to some JBL 6.5's and normally have no issues, but with songs that have bass they distort really bad. Im not sure why. I have dual 12 in subs in the backseat of my truck and when i turn the subs off using the head unit, the distortion stops. Wondering if anybody knows if its wiring or what. Im maybe thinking the bass is shaking the wiring causing it to get connection isses a bit.
Can you describe the distortion? Is it like crackling or overpowered bass distortion? Also, if using spade connections, make sure they are the correct size and are very tight on the speaker terminals... and not touching and part of the door panels metal surfaces.

Try placing the subs in the front seat, to see if the issue persists. Just for diagnostic purposes. It may be wiring, but the distortion may be caused by conflicting frequencies from the speakers and subs. Let us know how it goes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...