Sub woofers in back seats

eclipsedriver

First of all I am new so let me just say hi to everyone out there! Anyways I own a spyder eclipse and I was wondering would it sound worse to take out my back seats and install a fiber glass box with subs and an amp than just to do it in my small trunk? If so why? Also my car is a convertable and I hear sub woofers sound worse in covertables why is that?

Thanks,

Sean

Can't help on the seat vice trunk thing.

It isn't that convertibles "sound" worse. There are two factors: a) they generally have a higher level of noise, wind, etc., and b) since the roof isn't rigid, the cabin gain factor is reduced, i.e., less SPL for all other factors equal.

On the pluss side with the roof off everyone around will be able to easily hear ur pumpin' system. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Ya i think ditching the seat and making a nice sub setup is a good plan but youll have to have more power cause alot of your sound will escape through your soft or non existent roof. go for it though take your time and trick it out.

My fiance has a Chrysler sebring convertable which is a lenghened version of the eclipse. I just ordered 2 re's and I am building a custom enclosuer for them in the trunk. The bass response will be better with the top up. Although the toip ios not rigid, with the top down it puts dense fabric between your trunk and the inside of your car. I have seen an eclipse with 4 15's where the back seat used to be, very impresive.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.