Sub wiring via rear speakers vs RCA

Participant count
  • Participants list

caraudiogc

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi Everyone,
I have an active JL Audio sub (ACS112LG-TW1) wired via rear speakers in my VW Tiguan. The original head unit did not have the RCA connectors, therefore, wiring via the rear speakers was the easiest option. This setup seems to have the drawback that it often requires adjusting the sub input sensitivity depending on the music. As the original head unit died a few months back, I replaced it with an aftermarket Android-based unit (Eonon 9) . This unit provides a dedicated RCA output for a sub and also allows adjusting the sub output level via the unit. Is there any other pros and cons of swapping the current wiring from the rear speakers to RCA? Does it have any impact on the sound quality?
Thanks in advance!

Hi Everyone,
I have an active JL Audio sub (ACS112LG-TW1) wired via rear speakers in my VW Tiguan. The original head unit did not have the RCA connectors, therefore, wiring via the rear speakers was the easiest option. This setup seems to have the drawback that it often requires adjusting the sub input sensitivity depending on the music. As the original head unit died a few months back, I replaced it with an aftermarket Android-based unit (Eonon 9) . This unit provides a dedicated RCA output for a sub and also allows adjusting the sub output level via the unit. Is there any other pros and cons of swapping the current wiring from the rear speakers to RCA? Does it have any impact on the sound quality?
Thanks in advance!
Having to adjusting the sub input sensitivity depending on the music, would be reason enough for me to go with the RCA cables. It does seem odd that you had to adjust the input sensitivity regularly. If the signal from the rear speaker was strong, it seems that your amplifier would play all types of music without the need for adjustment. I'm no expert, but that is puzzling. maybe some of our experts can shed some light on this.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...