sub selection and box

jdrumstik

Okay, some of you have been very kind and tolerable of my idiocy, but now im a little more educated, just a little. Im trying to score a sub, my dads not to crazy about the idea of having a sub in my car, so all of the sudden its not called a sub any more its called a "low range speaker" its all about marketing

anyways, Im looking at a 2 channel Kenwood, I know its not the best amplifier brand but hell, its eaby and its $50. it puts out a claimed

100W X 2 at 4 ohms

300W X 1 at 4 ohms

I listen to rock, punk, indie, and no rap, unless the ocasional rage song classifies.

so what would be best, I'm looking at a 10inch for the pure thoght of space, but im open to 12's, so what the basic diffrence between ported and sealed? Im building my own custom box. so let me know what yall think.

so what would be better, a 10 or 12 inch, and what do I want sealed or ported? I guess ported is harder to build but sounds better????

oh and I will be building my own box.

Report Post | IP: Logged

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.