Sub RMS to Amp RMS Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Grimmjoww

CarAudio.com Veteran
I have a 450w rms American Bass 10" dvc 2 ohm sub I just bought. I also have a 750w rms at 1ohm, 565w rms at 2 ohms and 340w rms at 4ohms amplifier (dynamic over 1k at 14.7v at 1 ohm.) I know gain doesn't control the amp power so I am a little confused on how to wire it. Should I go series for a 4 ohm load on the sub, or send it parallel for a 1 ohm load? I don't want to blow the sub. Been out of the game for a very long time (late 90s) and a lot has changed. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
if its a dual 2 ohm sub, id wire it down to 1 ohm

heres how to set the amp gain correctly. the test tones are at the very bottom...

heres how to wire the sub. do parallel...

Awesome! Just the help I was looking for. I was leaning toward the 1 ohm load and taking down the gain, should run really clean. Thanks for the help and the links.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...