Sub recommendations

Participant count
  • Participants list

Sebastes

CarAudio.com Newbie
Looking for some help with a subwoofer Recommendation. I have a hard time wrapping my head around this subject. I’ve got a pretty basic barebones “system” in my truck.
Just running a headunit to the door speakers, and have an alpine MRP-m500 that I had running to a sundown audio SA-12d2. That subwoofer got stolen recently and looking to replace it with a “budget subwoofer. Not really looking to spend the ~200 to get the same sub as I have a new baby to tend to, but my amp is just sitting idle installed and would like to get something to hook back up to it.

Does anyone have any recommendations? That sub I had was a 600w dual 2 ohm sub. Was that a proper choice for the amplifier I had? Planning on installing it in a small under the rear seat box.

Looking for some help with a subwoofer Recommendation. I have a hard time wrapping my head around this subject. I’ve got a pretty basic barebones “system” in my truck.
Just running a headunit to the door speakers, and have an alpine MRP-m500 that I had running to a sundown audio SA-12d2. That subwoofer got stolen recently and looking to replace it with a “budget subwoofer. Not really looking to spend the ~200 to get the same sub as I have a new baby to tend to, but my amp is just sitting idle installed and would like to get something to hook back up to it.

Does anyone have any recommendations? That sub I had was a 600w dual 2 ohm sub. Was that a proper choice for the amplifier I had? Planning on installing it in a small under the rear seat box.
When I still had it, it was in a sealed box. I have no sub/box currently. Open to anything more or less, not set on a 12” either

When I still had it, it was in a sealed box. I have no sub/box currently. Open to anything more or less, not set on a 12” either
Without shooting you down, let me respectfully tell you that whatever low end you feel you got from an Sa in a sealed... could have been a little better... I'm not joking
In a small sealed I'd probably go with something super compliant on your power... an Alpine mrp500?
Personally I'd look for quality In the 300w range.

No hard feelings here. That was an obvious uneducated purpose, that’s why I’m asking for recommendations. It’s easier and cheaper for me to just get a sub with the most bang for my buck that will work with the amp I already have. I have no box or sub in mind. Thanks for the suggestion

depends on what your "budget" is. Also if one was trying to figure on 2 vs 1 might change the raw number output from your mental equation

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.