sub question

snocone2001
10+ year member

O.K. i don't really know anything about car audio. I just want to get some decent subs for my car. I was thinking about getting Sony XS-L121P5 does anyone know if these are good, or if their crap or what. I don't want anything huge just something to make a little more base in my car. Thanks

sony *****, those speakers **** they are telling you they will "EXPLODE" how much are you paying for them and what amp are you using, i could probably find you a better system for cheaper

get some kicker comp vrs they should blow those p5's away, look into a profile ca1200 amp, actually another newb on another thread is going to buy this same setup, you could also look into alpine type r's, assuming these are internet prices

Get Elemental Designs Kx's, they will blow away the Comp VR's. Pick up a JBL 600.1 amp and you'll have a very nice system for pretty cheap.

O.K. i have another question, if I were to get 2 Kicker CompVR 03CVR124 would the Rockford Fosgate Punch 801X amp power them good, or is that not going to work?

Kicker CVR, Ed Ks or PG Titanium would be the way to go, sony sux donkey balls. The punch 801x is a 4 channel amp which could work if you bridged two channels together but it would be a waste of money. In general more channels = more $$. If you want a fosgate, get one of their older (read: better) models, 800.2 or 700s off of ebay.

O.K. i have another question, if I were to get 2 Kicker CompVR 03CVR124 would the Rockford Fosgate Punch 801X amp power them good, or is that not going to work?
the 801x is a 4channel amp. I would recommend the hifonics bx1500d and wire it to 1ohm and set the gains about half or a little bit less. It only costs about 10 or 15 dollars more than the 801x on ebay

sony *****, those speakers **** they are telling you they will "EXPLODE" how much are you paying for them and what amp are you using, i could probably find you a better system for cheaper
i bet u won't experience the bashing i just did for my disliking eD

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.