Sub doesn't hit as hard after new radio

Wyatt.660r

CarAudio.com Newbie
Arkansas
Before I put my new pioneer AVH 500ex in my Skar sdr 10 hit hard. Now after I put the radio in the sub hits probably half as hard. The sub is a dual 4 ohm wired to 2 ohms coming from a Skar lv 750 so the amp should be giving it the 600 rms it needs. I've messed with the settings on the radio and amp. Won't make a difference.

Before I put my new pioneer AVH 500ex in my Skar sdr 10 hit hard. Now after I put the radio in the sub hits probably half as hard. The sub is a dual 4 ohm wired to 2 ohms coming from a Skar lv 750 so the amp should be giving it the 600 rms it needs. I've messed with the settings on the radio and amp. Won't make a difference.
Did you Set your gains on the amp correctly once you put in the new headunit. What did you have before that headunit

you need to raise the sub level, its in the speaker level settings on the audio options. It goes a lot higher than 0 db. You most likely dont know what most of the settings on the head unit does especially if you put it into network mode. Just ask what you dont know or understand.

Last edited:
you need to raise the sub level, its in the speaker level settings on the audio options. It goes a lot higher than 0 db. You most likely dont know what most of the settings on the head unit does especially if you put it into network mode. Just ask what you dont know or understand.
I raised the sub level to 10 db and it seems to have some of the low end it had before but it doesn't have close to the mid bass it used to have

Did you go from factory headunit to that pioneer and did you replace your other speakers? Perhaps you used the wrong term but your subs are set to play 80hz or lower. Midbass is 80hz and up which is a different beast when moving away from factory systems. You could be hearing your sub finally playing the low end frequencies they were designed for not a big range of frequencies that results from lack of tuning and equalization.

Did you go from factory headunit to that pioneer and did you replace your other speakers? Perhaps you used the wrong term but your subs are set to play 80hz or lower. Midbass is 80hz and up which is a different beast when moving away from factory systems. You could be hearing your sub finally playing the low end frequencies they were designed for not a big range of frequencies that results from lack of tuning and equalization.
I went from the stock radio to the pioneer and I already had Alpine door speakers in before the new radio. I might be using the wrong term but I know it didn't only play low bass before. It used to hit you in your chest but now it doesn't.

Yes after I got it in I had someone tune the amp so it didn't clip with an and distortion detector.
eww they probably used a 0 db test tone and thats why you have **** output. Redo the gains again because they are not done right if they use a DD-1 without accounting in the recording levels of your music. Raise your low pass filter on your head unit and amp. Make sure your amp is on low pass filter as well.

For example if you listen to rock, thats around a -10 db recording level and if they use 0 db test tones to set your gains, thats literally a 10-15 volume knob jump just to match the proper levels so you are FAR undergained.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.