Sub and port location in 5' truck box

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mcflyfyter

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have my overall box laid out, but I need to decide where to put the sub. I was planning to put the sub at one end, but it would be right next to the start of the port. Should I move the sub so it is more centered, or does it really matter? Thanks

Attachments

• 20191227_154004.jpg
    20191227_154004.jpg
    599.3 KB · Views: 198
Is there any other reason to not have the sub at one end of the box? I'd really like to keep the sub where it is and maybe move the port. Of course I have to figure out the port size first.

Keeping the sub and the port exit close together helps couple the forward and rear waves of the cone which helps with keeping cancellation to a minimum. Not all builds follow this rule and every situation will be different so in the end its up to you.

I was planning to use the top of the wedge box for the port, so would a 2x4ish port be considered a slot? I'm only planning 500 rms, so I would think that is not a lot of power.

My original port location comes out at 15 sq inch, but being a trapazoid, I have no idea how to correct the length. My other option would be to cut a 6"x6" notch out of the lower left corner for a 4" aeroport. I'm not even sure if there is enough room for a port there, especially if it is flared. Maybe it is just me being lazy and not wanting to add another notch to this danged thing.20191228_141621.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.