stupid question

Participant count
  • Participant list

red3213

gary
My radio is rated for 45Wx4 if I amp from the RCA plugs will this make it 45W plus whatever the amp is? Or just what the amp is rated for? can I amp off of the regular speaker wires and make it 45W plus what the amp is?

thanks

Originally posted by red3213:My radio is rated for 45Wx4 if I amp from the RCA plugs will this make it 45W plus whatever the amp is? Or just what the amp is rated for? can I amp off of the regular speaker wires and make it 45W plus what the amp is?

thanks
There are no stupid questions
everybody has to start somewhere.

To answer your question no. The power will be whatever the amp puts out. The rca outputs (low level outputs) of the radio feed only a non-amplified signal to the amp.

And if you use the speaker leads the answer is still nope
The amp will convert this to the signal form it needs.

[ 12-27-2001: Message edited by: ramos ]

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.