STL Install shop

JML are snobs!! They refuse to work with customer prepurchased equipment, and I know why! They make MORE MONEY making you buy the equipment from them!! I will NEVER patronize JML!! :-(
And I will do my best to trash their reputation on the Internet and social media too! They messed with the WRONG potential customer!! I'm an Electrical Engineer and Computer Science major, and the last person you want electronically mad at you!

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...
They're snobs?

Who gives a fuck that you're a computer engineer? I'm sure you don't know shit about car audio //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

You don't even do your own installs, then bitch about the guy doing it for you.

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

They're snobs?
Who gives a fuck that you're a computer engineer? I'm sure you don't know shit about car audio //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

You don't even do your own installs, then bitch about the guy doing it for you.

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...
I HAVE done my own installs in the past! And that was before I was an Electrical Engineer!!

And I SIGNED my words!!

John Kuthe...

I HAVE done my own installs in the past! And that was before I was an Electrical Engineer!!
And I SIGNED my words!!

John Kuthe...
What do you expect from a high end shop? Why didn't you just go somewhere else if you just needed an install? Patrick at Best Buy on Lindbergh is very experienced if you want a good install done (he has worked in audio for like 15 years apparently) and Audio Express on Lindbergh does good work as well.

What do you expect from a high end shop? Why didn't you just go somewhere else if you just needed an install? Patrick at Best Buy on Lindbergh is very experienced if you want a good install done (he has worked in audio for like 15 years apparently) and Audio Express on Lindbergh does good work as well.
I've been hunting online for a good shop here in STL to do the work I want done and found JML is probably the best or one of the best car audio installers in STL, but finally gave up and started installing it all myself. Then I found a Craigslist ad from a guy who does car audio installs out in St Peters and I'm pursuing that now. Been exchanging a lot of emails with him and went out last Tues, and going again tomorrow too to pay him some of what we've contracted to enable him to get started in a big way to get this Alpine (and one Kenwood amp) stuff installed for me.!! I have more money than time right now. If I had the time I would do my own very killer install! To MY specs!

And I EXPECTED a high end shop like JML to work WITH me, and not to greedily **** me off as they have done!

John Kuthe...

I've been hunting online for a good shop here in STL to do the work I want done, and finally gave up and started installing it all myself. Then I found a Craigslist ad from a guy who does car audio installs out in St Peters and I'm pursuing that now. Been exchanging a lot of emails with him and went out last Tues, and going again tomorrow too to pay him some of what we've contracted to enable him to get started in a big way to get this Alpine (and one Kenwood amp) stuff installed for me.!! I have more money than time right now. If I had the time I would do my own very killer install! To MY specs!
John Kuthe...
Yeah doing work yourself is quite time consuming. If you live in St. Peters/St. Charles area yeah there aren't many shops out there. I personally don't trust someone off Craigslist since they can't be held liable like a shop in case things aren't done right.

Yeah doing work yourself is quite time consuming. If you live in St. Peters/St. Charles area yeah there aren't many shops out there. I personally don't trust someone off Craigslist since they can't be held liable like a shop in case things aren't done right.
Sounds like you don't trust anyone!! Glad I'm not as cynical as YOU seems to be. I'm trying to make a better world here! You?

John Kuthe...

Sounds like you don't trust anyone!! Glad I'm not as cynical as YOU seems to be. I'm trying to make a better world here! You?
John Kuthe...
Don't trust anyone? I have work done by two different shops. Both did good work. And there's nothing cynical about wanting to make sure my *** is covered in case anything goes wrong with an install. I'm not saying people on Craigslist will necessarily do a bad job on your car, I'm just saying there are liabilities involved that going to a shop can eliminate.

And I SIGNED my words!!

John Kuthe...
Oh, you put a radio in by yourself one time?

Did you crimp or solder the connections? It makes a big difference!!!!!

Tell me about your vast audio knowledge. You being an electrical engineer like Papermaker makes a big difference //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

Tell me about your vast audio knowledge. You being an electrical engineer like Papermaker makes a big difference //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...
He's just mad because one the top audio stores in the state that prides itself in custom installation and being with customers for each step doesn't want to install his stuff. They sell Hertz and Zapco ffs lol. A bad shop would say "sure" and overcharge him for a bad install

He's just mad because one the top audio stores in the state that prides itself in custom installation and being with customers for each step doesn't want to install his stuff. They sell Hertz and Zapco ffs lol. A bad shop would say "sure" and overcharge him for a bad install
Zapco and Hertz is good shit.

Yeah, I seriously don't blame a shop for not wanting to install stuff they don't sell. Who's to say his amps aren't DOA and he doesn't know it? If they did the install and the amps didn't work, the customer would be mad at the shop and refuse to believe their stuff is bad.

Same reason we didn't install phone screens that customers brought in. Odds are, they bought junk ones cheap online. We didn't want the liability.

I am mad because they treated me like some kind of Ignorant when I AM NOT!!

Alpine is pretty good equipment. Kenwood too. New IN THE BOX. Is there better? Yes, but Alpine stuff is very good and good enough for me. I'm not paying for the Nth degree of "best in the world" in anyone else's opinion!!!! And I KNOW it's all for the MONEY! I'd imagine shops get their equipment usually wholesale and make a lot of money just by charging their customers retail prices for it!

I know how this stuff works, and I'm trying my best to stay OUT of this corrupt system!

John Kuthe...

There is that place that does the '1 dollar installation'.I forgot the name though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
But ONLY if you buy your equipment through them!! DUH!!

John Kuthe...

Don't trust anyone? I have work done by two different shops. Both did good work. And there's nothing cynical about wanting to make sure my *** is covered in case anything goes wrong with an install. I'm not saying people on Craigslist will necessarily do a bad job on your car, I'm just saying there are liabilities involved that going to a shop can eliminate.
Yeah, I hear that. Yeah I'm taking a chance at trusting this individual I'm working with. But he's working with me and I'm working with him, something JML would NOT DO with me!!

I have NO ROOM in my life for snobby shops that think they know everything and treat me like an Ignorant!!

John Kuthe...

I asked here about that. How "big" a difference? You have objective statistical data on that? Probably not, it's just your ego talking.

Well, way before I became an Electrical Engineer back when I drove VW Beetles I built a pair of speaker cabinets for my Bozak speakers to fit nearly in the luggage compartment behind the rear seat of a Beetle, removable and on long wires so I could pull them out and bother everyone! I thought THAT was pretty cool and they sounded great driven my my Pioneer cassette head unit and running a Clarion power booster/equalizer. Pretty good for an amateur teen, eh? I thought so and so did many of my friends!

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...