Stay VERY, VERY far away from Banging Systems in Fayetteville, NC!

That is ridiculous! Just because someone has an interest in car audio doesn't mean they have all the time or skill in the world to design and build a good system. People with money may like to pay a Professional to do a Professional job on whatever they hire that person for. A lot of people started DIY for the passion of learning or to save themselves money (usually the latter). There still is people who do professional work for a reasonable price out there. Obviously, this was not one of them.

OP, if anyone ever pushes a product as hard as this shop did to you - walk away. This place could be in serious jeopardy for how they treated you. I won't go into the legal details, but you do have room for recourse. I would contact your local BBB office to see if they have any other complaints. At the very least, contact a lawyer and see what they may be willing to do for you. Its not a good idea to change anything until you seek legal advice. Just trying to help! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
They "fixed" the wiring under the hood, after the second complaint. The power from the breaker came off of the capacitor this morning due to an inproper crimp. I plan on contacting Rockford Fosgate's regional rep, sending pictures and MSRP prices to my bank's fraud department, leaving bad reviews everywhere I go, and even writing a letter or two and putting them in the local paper(s). I only want what I paid extra for, I'm not looking for a handout. If I have to lawyer up, I will. I hate seeing other people getting ripped off, more than I hate getting ripped off myself.

wow i haven't had that problem with any shops but at the same time i usually buy quiet a bit from the two main shops i got to. and i know them pretty well.

No offense but you went along with every step and allowed it to continue. If a salesperson sees they can keep getting money from you of course that's exactly wbt they will do. The hack nob is wasn't right but you played your part in this whole thing.

No offense but you went along with every step and allowed it to continue. If a salesperson sees they can keep getting money from you of course that's exactly wbt they will do. The hack nob is wasn't right but you played your part in this whole thing.
Agreed. And man you must've told this d-bag you had this kind of cash to spend. It's called "pressure" sales. It ain't pretty but it's effective. Same as going to a car lot. These motherless fvcks can see someone that has "take advantage of me" written on their foreheads from a mile away. I am sorry for what happened to you however in the future you might try to grow some nutts and tell him to take that shlt out of your car.

AFAIK after a certain dollar value you have 3 or 5 days to cancel the sale after the fact (law in place for pushy door to door salesmen and such).

Put the boots to those arseholes. People like that don't belong in business period and are a large part of the reason the brick and mortar shops are all but dead.

Are you in the military man? Did you choose to finance it through them? Fayetteville is a huge military town and there are vultures like that all over the place to take advantage of young marines and their well deserved paychecks. I know about this experience first hand from living in VA Beach serving with the Navy. Point blank, stop the madness now and get them to remove it, get in touch with the BBB, and if you are in the military, get in touch with legal and these people will get fried.

Petty Officer Hill, USN

I had a very similiar problem. Read wrong reviews before I went. I think they must use family and friends to give themselves great reviews. But living and working in same town as they are in, I have heard consistently bad reviews. Goin out of business hopefully soon with their bad service and devious practices. All I'm saying is b very carefull. Money and especially time are too tight to waste!

Should have been a smart person and read the reviews! There are reasons why people spend time writing these. I had the same problems: they tried to sell stuff I did not need. Inflated the bill. Didn't care what I said. Pushy. Overpriced. Don't give refunds. Bad install could burn you and your car up. To quote directly from other peoples' comment regarding this place " Not worth the hassle, time and for certain not the money. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!! "

By the way: Do not rely on the BBB to protect you from the company.

Conclusion: They really must spend time having family and friends giving them fake reviews!

Should have been a smart person and read the reviews! There are reasons why people spend time writing these. I had the same problems: they tried to sell stuff I did not need. Inflated the bill. Didn't care what I said. Pushy. Overpriced. Don't give refunds. Bad install could burn you and your car up. To quote directly from other peoples' comment regarding this place " Not worth the hassle, time and for certain not the money. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!! "
By the way: Do not rely on the BBB to protect you from the company.

Conclusion: They really must spend time having family and friends giving them fake reviews!
You're a little late to the party

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...