Stay VERY, VERY far away from Banging Systems in Fayetteville, NC!

Mantooth

Hi, I'm Wes and I'm new to this forum. In fact, I found this forum for this sole thread. I haven't dealt with car audio in a few years, so I figured my newly acquired Jeep needed a CD player(came without one, and I couldn't seem to locate the wiring harness, nor did I have time). I took my Jeep to Banging Systems. Thomas, one of their managers, kept suggesting items and repeating that he wasn't trying to be pushy. I ended up settling on a $789(can buy EVERYWHERE ELSE for $549.99) flip out DVD player after he explained the $400 unit I had chosen wouldn't fit. I told him no more than $1,000. Well, what did he do, he called and said my speakers in the Jeep were shot(even though I had never heard them before). Not wanting to jump ahead, but he kept those for himself. Anyway, He keeps bringing the price higher and higher. I tell him $2k is all I want to spend and that I am wanting one smaller subwoofer. What does he do, he puts two 15" woofers in the back and practically tells me no refunds. These subwoofers at their shop are nearly $500 a piece! He told me he would give me a "deal"(yeah, you can't ******** a bull shitter). Come to find out, these 15"s can be had for mid $300s(a piece) from Rockford's website!!! He then adds a 2 farad capacitor and a SUPER CHEAP Planet Audio amp. I ended up paying $3,210 for roughly a $1300 system(not including installation). When I pick the Jeep up, it's dark. I don't pay much attention since I needed to the vehicle for the weekend. I get back to the house and realize that their hack-job installation "technicians" left my "fuse holder"(which was actually a breaker switch) loose in the engine compartment. Also, they knocked off a hose during install and when I picked the Jeep up, I had a check engine light. Thomas told me, and I quote "Just get it on the road for a while and the light should go off(again, you can't ******** a bull shitter). I had to "rig" the breaker up so my ******* Jeep wouldn't catch on fire. All of their wiring was poorly dressed and the even left their stripped jackets from the cable littered throughout the Jeep. Not to mention the power cable from the breaker to the AMP was in between the firewall and the rubber insert!!!!!(cable to sharp metal edge!) If this wasn't enough, when I tried to lock my door and roll the window up, the window stutters and the door won't lock. While replacing the door speakers, they ended up breaking my door panel! Thomas' excuse was "yeah, when we got it, something in it was bent". Not it wasn't, they broke a piece of plastic in the door panel! I took the Jeep back to them because I had told them I didn't want such a large box in the back, and that I need the Jeep for utility. Thomas said he would make it right. He ended up swapping my two 15" subwoofers for two 10" of the same subs, and keeping the extra! I asked for a 4 channel amp for my component set and rears to compensate for the difference in price. He explained that he couldn't do it and that it would cost me about $357 more dollars for installation of a 4 channel amp. I about punch him right in his cesspool spewing mouth!

Sorry for the long-winded first post, but I really don't want ANYONE to have to deal with their hackory(made that word up), WAY over inflated prices, obtrusive customer service, and blatant lies. Anyone else have any experience with these jokers? Their shop had just caught on fire a few days before I showed up. Too bad it didn't burn to the ******* ground. It would save a lot of "out of the audio loop" customers a lot of time and money, including myself.

Cliffs:

-Did business with Banging Systems and the ripped me off, big time.

-They fed me lie, upon lie, upon lie, upon lie...

-Thomas, the manager, is a GRADE-A douche bag salesperson that shouldn't be allowed to sell burgers at McDonald's.

-Nearly burned my "new" Jeep down to the ground due to their Janky-*** audio installations.

Forgive me in advance for any spelling errors and/or typos. I type vigorously when I'm in a bad mood...lol. I would tell you all how I really feel, but I have standards, too, you know? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Thanks for reading, and I hope you all heed my warning. Look forward to spending sometime on this forum!

A friend a screw driver, wrench, this forum and a 12 pack could have solved this issue. Shops are their to make as much as possible while doing as lil as possible. Never give a shop a budget cause I assure you they will max that and more and say well things went alil wrong so this and that was needed. Bahh there are good shops out there but they are so rare its best to stay away from them all. Report them to the BBB.

Id put a charge back on my card and file a complaint with the BBB.
This. DO it, do it NOW. Im not going to start on the "you could have done this yourself" thing, some people dont have the time, ability, or drive to do something like this. However, you should NOT have kept raising your price ceiling. If you show up and all that garbage is in there.. look straight at them and tell em to take it out. you did NOT authorize it, and they can NOT force it upon you.

This. DO it, do it NOW. Im not going to start on the "you could have done this yourself" thing, some people dont have the time, ability, or drive to do something like this. However, you should NOT have kept raising your price ceiling. If you show up and all that garbage is in there.. look straight at them and tell em to take it out. you did NOT authorize it, and they can NOT force it upon you.
Then they are in the wrong hobby.. BBB and charge back!!

Keep in mind not everyone is "in" the hobby. some people just want some bump in the trunk. they dont care about the biggest motors, the best koreatown amp, the best way to run active in their 1988 accord, etc. they just want music, to impress people at the stoplight, or that local car show... I don't agree with this mentality either, but, it is the truth. the vast majority of people with a "system" like their rockford p3's and 200 watt amp, and remain blissfully unaware of anything better.

This...take it to them via a charge back, or cancel your check. Either way. They try to dispute it, have pictures, and printouts of the true cost of said gear, and their hack installation along with your BBB complaint #. Before it's over, they'll be installing decent equipment properly in your Jeep for free at the request of the BBB and a judge ordainment.

Cliffs:
-Did business with Banging Systems and the ripped me off, big time.

-They fed me lie, upon lie, upon lie, upon lie...

-Thomas, the manager, is a GRADE-A douche bag salesperson that shouldn't be allowed to sell burgers at McDonald's.

-Nearly burned my "new" Jeep down to the ground due to their Janky-*** audio installations.

Forgive me in advance for any spelling errors and/or typos. I type vigorously when I'm in a bad mood...lol. I would tell you all how I really feel, but I have standards, too, you know? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Thanks for reading, and I hope you all heed my warning. Look forward to spending sometime on this forum!
TLDR, cliffs?
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I've been working on it.

lol... yea didnt see that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif
No worries, your sig MORE than makes up for it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

umm.. did you have a work order?

why did you pay.. if they would have asked for that money I would have called the cops on the spot as it wouldn't have ended well

That is ridiculous! Just because someone has an interest in car audio doesn't mean they have all the time or skill in the world to design and build a good system.

People with money may like to pay a Professional to do a Professional job on whatever they hire that person for. A lot of people started DIY for the passion of learning or to save themselves money (usually the latter). There still is people who do professional work for a reasonable price out there. Obviously, this was not one of them.

OP, if anyone ever pushes a product as hard as this shop did to you - walk away. This place could be in serious jeopardy for how they treated you. I won't go into the legal details, but you do have room for recourse. I would contact your local BBB office to see if they have any other complaints. At the very least, contact a lawyer and see what they may be willing to do for you. Its not a good idea to change anything until you seek legal advice. Just trying to help! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...