*******Stay Away 702 Motoring**********

itsrd

I moved to Vegas a little over 6 months ago, bought a new car in December and had my equipment taken out of my old car by Audio Express, they just through everything in my trunk like it was garbage, so I didn't go back there to get it installed in the new car. I saw 702 Motoring in Vegas magazine they had a decent looking ad so I went to check them out, Shop was clean and they had a lot of high end cars in the parking lot, I got a quote to install the equipment in the new car and wound up getting new interior speakers because I figured I had my Bostons for quite some time and it would be nice to have a change. When the guy showed me the price for the price i nearly sh!t my pants, I figured it would be around 1500 but it was almost double. Reluctantly I agreed, when I finally brought the car in they had the car for a week. A day into it I got a call saying that they would not be able to mount my head unit in the factory location (which I told them they wouldn't be able to do when I got the original quote), and that they were going to mount it in the lower pocket. I knew that was the only way to mount it so I said fine. When I picked the car up it was a Friday night and they were about to close, I got in the car to test it out and it sounded horrible. There was the loudest engine whine that I ever heard from a car stereo and there was no low end at all. Very odd considering I competed with the same equipment before except for the head unit and separates/coaxials. The salesman was like the engine noise isn't bad once you turn up the volume, he also blamed it on my eq. I was just thinking to my self this guy is totally full of sh!t and he does not know what he is talking about. I paid the ridiculous charge (bone headed move) stopped by a friends house to show him the new install. When I left I got back into my car and noticed there was nothing but static. At this point I am furious, the next day I take the car back and ask to speak to the manager who by the way is some 20 something kid with an attitude although he did make an effort to help. Turns out that the speaker was touching something in the door causing it to ground and feed back to go back to the amp. They fixed that problem and found out the reason why there was no low end was because the high pass filter was on in the head unit. Why wasnt any of this stuff checked before I got the car. They also hooked up my amp incorrectly I have a 2 channel amp for my seperates

and run the rear off of the deck just to get a little rear fill if I have people in the back seat. These idiots wired all four speakers to the two channel amp. When I told them that is not what I wanted the salesman got all defensive saying that my front speakers were going to be way to loud. They had to fabricate a kit for the head unit and a few weeks later I was watching a video I noticed that the two inserts on the side of the radio that they had fabricated were not even, the one on the left sat flush with the bottom pocket and the one on the right had about a 1/4 in. gap from the bottom pocket and also the paint was smeared or had glue on it, I also noticed glue on the bottom corners of my head unit (which was brand new). They still didn't fix the whine (I know its one of the grounds but I don't have time to check them all) , rewired the amp to run my coaxials, re did the inserts although they are still a little off but not really noticable unless you are looking for it. I know this has been long winded and I apologize but I just want to make sure that people don't get ripped off like I did with a bunch of people that don't know what they are talking about and do hack jobs.

Well, lets just start by saying...the 23 yr old (ex employee) doesnt work there anymore...I am Allen Jenkins the President of 702 Motoring. I am offended that you were treated that way! Stop by and anything wrong with the installation or settings I will fix for free while you dont wait! I dont take lightly to criticism, however, sometimes it is inevitable when you hire sh!t heads...my apologies! stop by and see the difference management and experience gives this industry. I have been installing for 20 + years and owned my own shop for 12 + 702 Motoring prides itself as being the best in Las Vegas, if not the world! We have moved down the street to 5351 S. Decatur Blvd. I invite you to come and meet me personally and see why we have been featured in 100s of magazines and multiple tv shows. Same goes for all readers of this post! Let us show you why we are the best *(especially since we got rid of our bad apple!)

thanks

allen jenkins

President

702 Motoring

I just might have to take my vehicle to Vegas if I can't find a decent installer in the bullhead /Laughlin/ L. Havasu area. Scared of getting my new ride hacked up by kids, anyone have a recommendation?

Need an audio surgeon..

I will definitely take you up on that offer, generally I don't like bashing companies and I hope that I will be able to recommend you to anyone that needs stereos, or rims. I'll probably try to bring it in after the holiday weekend. I don't know if you remember me but my name is Ardie and I brought in the blue TSX. Thanks again!

this thread looks like it is been set up by a couple of new members who plans all this out to make 702 look "good" lol

After month's of putting it off, I finally took my car in and Allen made good on his promise and took care of my problem. No more alternator whine, I'm definitely a satisfied customer and will go back for my future needs!

March 27th 2011 /// 702 MOTORING is under NEW OWNERSHIP -- My name is Paul and I would like to introduce myself to all of the Car Audio enthusists in Las Vegas as the new owner of 702 MOTORING, presently I am moving all 702 MOTORING operations to the East side of Las Vegas, the new location is located at 3993 S. Maryland Parkway, this is at the corner of Flamingo, in the Target shopping center. this location WILL OPEN TO THE PUBLIC ON APRIL 1ST. I would like to invite all past and future customers to our new location, my vision for the future of 702 MOTORING is a simple one, offer my customers the best quality product at great prices, 702 MOTORING is an AUTHORIZED DEALER for ALPINE ELECTRONICS, KENWOOD & KENWOOD EXELON, CERWIN VEGA, KICKER, PYTHON CAR ALARMS and a very extensive list of CUSTOM ACCESSORIES for cars and trucks, we offer basic to fully Customized installations for all types of vehicles including EXOTICS. I look foreword to meeting all of the 702 MOTORING customers, Sincerely, Paul / Owner 702 MOTORING

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...