Static in speakers I know it’s posted a lot up not finding help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gksportster

CarAudio.com Newbie
Wa
Hello I had this set up in a car before and never notices static in speakers.
It’s a ddx6906s deck and a old punch 40 amp for the sub and a t-400-2 for the frount infinity kappa and another Rockford fosgate amp for the rear infinity kappas.

So what I’ve tryed was disconnect the rca static still their in all speakers even with volume all the way down and I’ve also ran a set out side the car static still their and then I ran a new speaker wire out side the car also static still present

Then I tryed another speaker and still static then I went as far as taking another battery and connected directly to the amp and then ran the remote turn on to the battery to activate the app and disconnected rca still and speaker wire directly to the amps and the Gaines set to half the higher I set the Gaines the louder the static and theirs static all the way tell the Gaines are fully turned off.
On both amps ....

Help me please.
Thank you kelly

Yes all three of my amps are doing the same thing.
they all 3 haven’t been used for 8 years I called a strep place they are trying to sell me a 5 Chanel amp

Yes all three of my amps are doing the same thing.
they all 3 haven’t been used for 8 years I called a strep place they are trying to sell me a 5 Chanel amp
I have amps that sat for years and odd things do sometimes happen. An Phoenix Gold MPS2240 let it's capacitors leak and three PPI Sedonas stopped working. All while sitting in a climate controlled room. But the rest of the collection is still fine. Are your amps all the same?

They are all 3 Rockford fosgates a old school punch 40 running my sub
And then a t400-2 for the frount speakers then a another Rockford fosgate I took them to a stereo place they said the one I don’t know the model number was bad .
And he said that little amp hits hard I said will the t400-2 be better for the sub he said that little amp will hit about the same.
So I went out and baught a new ra60f alpine 4 Chanel amp to run all my frount and rears and so far keeping the punch 40 for the sub in my 1938 Oldsmobile business coupe

Oh yea I baught new speaker wires and new extra shielded rca’s and new power and ground and remote wires. I’m still not finished installing every thing I had some aluminum tape so I went over all the rca and speaker wires under the carpet. Since some people said to use aluminum foil.
The rca and speaker wires only cross the battery cables in one spot no avoiding it the power wires run down the center of the car from the battery in the trunk through the center console area to the fuse box to power it and ground it.

Last edited:
Since some people said to use aluminum foil.
That's one sharp Olds. I have never heard the foil method, but there are some rcas that have it integrated so there is something to it. The Punch40 is 160w rms @4ohms bridged while the the t400-2 is 400w rms @4ohms bridged. I do not see how the 40 would sound about the same as the t400. Good deal on deciding to rewire the whole system. It is always a plus refresh grounding points and splices. Update us when possible.
Btw, are those Torque Thrusts on the Olds?

Static is gone only here it a little when the deck volume is all the way down.
Sorry for the delayed response I’ve been busy trying to fix my bump steer and stereo and then had 2 cruises this last weekend so between work and then after working on the car plus driving at least 200 miles per set of springs I’ve went through 2 pairs and this next Sunday I’m headed to a race shop to put the car on corner scales so I know what weight of coil springs I need and any other pointers they are willing to offer me.
The rims are Foose legends 275/40/17
here is a pic last year at the end of the world rod run

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.