SSA F8L 8" subwoofer

Cool man. I love it. I been doing some testing. Specifically on lowerer power compression by eliminating hotspots on the coil and if you are interested id like to share some info i gathered and am courious if you would like to try it and see your results.
I am always open to learning more. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']Nobody cares about your testing.
@denim, would love to see a test on this driver in a reg ported enclosure, and youtube it :D. So....who's gonna be the guinea pig?![/QUOTE]

Actually, if you check out our Instagram and the Dr.lindsey_SSA instgram accounts, you will see lots of vids of ported testing with the final prototype version. :)

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Brian Hitchcock of TDH just got his pair of F8L's in a sweet box with round overs and a pair of aero ports. :)

I am always open to learning more. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
You ever played with the former thickness and testing where the coil itself gets hottest? Im working testing a coil that has a slightly thicker former and slightly longer then the coil winding height extened past the bottom of the coil.

Actually, if you check out our Instagram and the Dr.lindsey_SSA instgram accounts, you will see lots of vids of ported testing with the final prototype version. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif 

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Brian Hitchcock of TDH just got his pair of F8L's in a sweet box with round overs and a pair of aero ports. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Oh right on!! I'll check it out...

You ever played with the former thickness and testing where the coil itself gets hottest? Im working testing a coil that has a slightly thicker former and slightly longer then the coil winding height extened past the bottom of the coil.
There have been adjustments on the former choice over the years, but it was more to do with adding vents or coil length if I remember correctly. Haven't messed with extended formers.

they'd probably be good great for hatchback too maybe even camaro.. have to see some videos after vids get post they probably sell fast..

they'd probably be good great for hatchback too maybe even camaro.. have to see some videos after vids get post they probably sell fast..
There are some videos up on the SSA and Dr.lindsey instagram pages. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

denim,...tried looking on Instagram but I guess you need to register/signup before looking on that site for anything?? I even tried Facebook and didn't see anything....

denim,...tried looking on Instagram but I guess you need to register/signup before looking on that site for anything?? I even tried Facebook and didn't see anything....
Yes, I believe you need an account to use it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yes, I believe you need an account to use it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Oh nuts...anyway you guys can upload to youtube or even facebook for those that don't have Instagram?

There have been adjustments on the former choice over the years, but it was more to do with adding vents or coil length if I remember correctly. Haven't messed with extended formers.
I done some testing and at the very bottom of the coil i kept getting a hot spot. so I'm going to have the former extended sightly past the coil to help dissipate the heat better. just about 6 months ago i realized i over looked the formers ability to dissipate heat and i felt foolish. i have a cool idea for a under-hung topology that i think would be ******* as well. where in i can counter wind the coils and have much greater dissipation. just so **** hard to get anyone to do custom stuff and it cost an arm and a leg.

I done some testing and at the very bottom of the coil i kept getting a hot spot. so I'm going to have the former extended sightly past the coil to help dissipate the heat better. just about 6 months ago i realized i over looked the formers ability to dissipate heat and i felt foolish. i have a cool idea for a under-hung topology that i think would be ******* as well. where in i can counter wind the coils and have much greater dissipation. just so **** hard to get anyone to do custom stuff and it cost an arm and a leg.
That is very interesting. How were you pulling thermal levels during play?

Oh nuts...anyway you guys can upload to youtube or even facebook for those that don't have Instagram?
Mark just posted a very quick video to our Facebook page the other day of a pair of the F8L subs free-air.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

denim

5,000+ posts
SSAudio.com
denim
SSA HQ East
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date