SQ build... 3k ball park. So many amps...Wolfram, Synergy, Soundqubed?

Soooo not SQ?

Compared to Wolfram and Soundqubed? He could just get this and run his whole system.
Screenshot_20210109-191254_Chrome.jpg

Sq? Or raw power?
I ran a Aak4000.1 wired down and NEVER lacked power. (A few bux went into the electrical too)
I think anyone demoing my last setup would hear Sql but it wasn't a sq build. It def made some people sit up for what it was. Great highs, imaging and substage is all well and fine but NOT a pure sq setup. That said...
I think people confuse sq and just want sql... With the spl side focused on.
Sq builds focus on install/imaging/accuracy.
Personally I prefer throwing rearview mirrors off & making the firewall flex over hearing butterfly wings above the soundstage myself... 😅
Ive had both btw.
Lots of "advice" on the forum but whats the goal?
I'm no salesman but can advise.
And a 3k amp for 1k aint a deal... Lmao

Sq? Or raw power?
I ran a Aak4000.1 wired down and NEVER lacked power. (A few bux went into the electrical too)
I think anyone demoing my last setup would hear Sql but it wasn't a sq build. It def made some people sit up for what it was. Great highs, imaging and substage is all well and fine but NOT a pure sq setup. That said...
Personally I prefer throwing rearview mirrors off & making the firewall flex over hearing butterfly wings above the soundstage myself... 😅
Ive had both btw.

Are these amps any good for SQ? I've never used Crescendo.
Screenshot_20210109-193451_Chrome.jpg

Sq? Or raw power?
Ive had both btw.

I guess what I'm looking for isn't SQ. The goal is to have a very good sounding musical system that can deliver amazing bass. But I don't want a set-up that's loud as heck, but doesn't sound great. That's what I have now. Lol. I have tons of bass but it's muddy, and it has a hollow feel, the lows aren't right either. I saved up to upgrade to better products, and I figured I needed upgrade the front stage, and electrical as well. Basically I looking at products that have always been out of my price range, and there's a lot of quality stuff out there.

I don't want a set-up that's loud as heck, but doesn't sound great. That's what I have now. Lol. I have tons of bass but it's muddy, and it has a hollow feel, the lows aren't right either.
I'd ask next to hear what equipment you have currently.

If you got the loud part but aren't satisfied with the sound it could be as simple as the enclosure.
Some tweaking of the signal with filters... Etc.

In my experience what works in one vehicle might not work well in another as well.

List what you have, maybe a pic or 2

I'd ask next to hear what equipment you have currently.

If you got the loud part but aren't satisfied with the sound it could be as simple as the enclosure.
Some tweaking of the signal with filters... Etc.

In my experience what works in one vehicle might not work well in another as well.

List what you have, maybe a pic or 2

I have 2 12 AB Xfl's in a very nice custom enclosure built by a reputable builder, tuned at 35, sub up port back. My amp is a Soundstream Picasso PA6000.1D. It was a cheap buy, just to have something until I could save up for something nicer. The new system I'm building is in a car with less space. That means my custom enclosure won't work.

I have 2 12 AB Xfl's in a very nice custom enclosure built by a reputable builder, tuned at 35, sub up port back. My amp is a Soundstream Picasso PA6000.1D. It was a cheap buy, just to have something until I could save up for something nicer. The new system I'm building is in a car with less space. That means my custom enclosure won't work.

It sounds like you are going to have less bass in your new build if you are going to be limited with space. How many cubes will you have available for bass?

It sounds like you are going to have less bass in your new build if you are going to be limited with space. How many cubes will you have available for bass?

Right now I'm liking 1.15cu per sub, sealed, 2 12" set-up with SSA gcon or Icon,
or Fi Q's pushed by a Wolfram W-3000.1, or another nice 3k amp in the $600 price range.

Last edited:
I found a T.S. 3.5k for $400 locally. That amp would be perfect for my set-up. It's really calling my name. I don't usually buy used equipment and I don't have a way to test the amp. I'm not sure if I should risk it, but damn I would love to have a T.S. 3.5.

Does that price seem too low?

I'm trying to piece together my first SQ build, and I need a nice amp. I was looking at a Wolfram W-3000.1 brand new for $600, but there's plenty of nice products in my budget that I don't want to over look. What are some other comparable amps that I should be looking at?

amp budget $700

Look into Triton Audio SQ amps

Here is your hookup:

https://www.facebook.com/brentkimberly.kantormagee

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.