Sponge Brush - BONDO...

mgaidica
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Well im in the process of spreading bondo over about a 12"x10" concave surface. The first layer was spread with a regular plastic flat spreader.. I ran out of those, so i figured ide try a sponge brush. This sponge brush just saved me about 30-60 minutes of sanding. It makes such smoother spreads and it also allows u to make curves because the sponge conforms to the surface. Just trying to save all you some time in sanding..(because sanding *****!)

yeah, but it's a 1-shot deal isn't it? Bondo dries in a couple minutes then your brush is toast. The plastic spreaders at least can be reused.

do you guys you graters? put bondo on let dry for a little bit then the grater will take almost all of it off then its just a little sanding

Originally posted by maylar yeah, but it's a 1-shot deal isn't it? Bondo dries in a couple minutes then your brush is toast. The plastic spreaders at least can be reused.
Well actually my plastic spreaders got all junked up too, and these sponge things are well worth the .25cents i spent on them.

I've heard the grater method, but it seems the brand im using right now is softer.. The actual "Bondo" bondo is much tougher..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mgaidica

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
mgaidica
Northville, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date