spl recone vs stock mega roll recone which is better

Psi_optima12

CarAudio.com Newbie
So i have a sundown x15 v2 dual 4 and when the day comes and it blows i was wondering what would be better for it and be the loudest a apex audio spl recone d2 or a stock mega roll recone that is d2 as well , i currently do a 140.20 at 28 hz with only 1300 watts in a custom box made by me its 4.3 cubic ft after sub tuned to 30hz and i want the best option to be the loudest soon hopefully ill have a bass 5k pushing it but i need to get the money im only a broke high school student trying to be loud

Last edited:
The best option would be a custom recone from directronix. Or Corey Dean(SPL Audio). Probably with .35 coils, that way you can wire in series, which will get you full motor force, and be at .7 on a 1 ohm amp, which will get you more power out of your amp.

Last edited:
So i have a sundown x15 v2 dual 4 and when the day comes and it blows i was wondering what would be better for it and be the loudest a apex audio spl recone d2 or a stock mega roll recone that is d2 as well , i currently do a 140.20 at 28 hz with only 1300 watts in a custom box made by me its 4.3 cubic ft after sub tuned to 30hz and i want the best option to be the loudest soon hopefully ill have a bass 5k pushing it but i need to get the money im only a broke high school student trying to be loud
Sundown X isn't really all that impressive for an efficient sub, so IMO just stick with the stock parts (assuming the price is the same). You're not going to gain anything be trying to re-invent that wheel.

Get rid of that sub before the **** aluminum pipe breaks lose from coil heat that is glued down inside the gap of the motor. It happened to my sub and a lot of other V.2 motors. Don't get sundown unless you know it has a motor without that piece of trash in the motor. I'd buy a Jizzler Jr. Motor from Patrick at Robot and just solve it before it destroys the sub. But if you need to sell the blown one I would buy it but just for the frame

Get rid of that sub before the **** aluminum pipe breaks lose from coil heat that is glued down inside the gap of the motor. It happened to my sub and a lot of other V.2 motors. Don't get sundown unless you know it has a motor without that piece of trash in the motor. I'd buy a Jizzler Jr. Motor from Patrick at Robot and just solve it before it destroys the sub. But if you need to sell the blown one I would buy it but just for the frame

Out of how many thousands of subs sold with shorting rings how many have failed from the shorting ring coming loose? Was that an OEM sub bought from an authorized retailer and did Sundown refuse to make good on a warranty?

My gut tells me that if shorting rings were a huge weak link there would be more evidence of this even just anecdotal.

Was debating to make a post separate post. My question would be are shorting ring need if subs are not playing higher much than 40hz? So to keep inductance low and where its most noticeable in higher FS?

i ended up trading it for a psi plateform 5 12 lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...