speakers not loud

Participant count
  • Participant list

rgough

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 2015 ford fusion, i had a shop install hertz 6.5 speakers in all door plus added hertz 6x9 in rear deck, powere by a jbl apex pa 1254 amp. Also using stock head unit. The problem is the rear door speakers and the 6 x9's are loud and clear, the front door ones are not. I asked shop about it but not really getting an answer i understand. The front doors also have a seperate tweeter. The system over all is loud and distortion free. I put hand in front of rear speakers and can feel air the fronts i dont feel anything, plus if i turn fader to just front it sounds horrible

I have a 2015 ford fusion, i had a shop install hertz 6.5 speakers in all door plus added hertz 6x9 in rear deck, powere by a jbl apex pa 1254 amp. Also using stock head unit. The problem is the rear door speakers and the 6 x9's are loud and clear, the front door ones are not. I asked shop about it but not really getting an answer i understand. The front doors also have a seperate tweeter. The system over all is loud and distortion free. I put hand in front of rear speakers and can feel air the fronts i dont feel anything, plus if i turn fader to just front it sounds horrible
Almost sounds like the 4ch is either wired 2 ohm at the rear/4ohm in front. Or ALL amp power if focused on the rears /w/ the fronts on deck power.
Something out of phase up front would be my 1st guess if faded up front and the fronts just sound bad in general... and the fronts would REALLY sound bad if out of phase on just deck power.

Almost sounds like the 4ch is either wired 2 ohm at the rear/4ohm in front. Or ALL amp power if focused on the rears /w/ the fronts on deck power.
Something out of phase up front would be my 1st guess if faded up front and the fronts just sound bad in general... and the fronts would REALLY sound bad if out of phase on just deck power.
The ohm thing is what i remember them saying, but when i asked what the solution is they said they dont want to over budget me. That being said if you are correct about the ohm wiring whats the solution, is it possible to make front speakers hit hard as rear with the equipment i have? Thanks for reply

The ohm thing is what i remember them saying, but when i asked what the solution is they said they dont want to over budget me. That being said if you are correct about the ohm wiring whats the solution, is it possible to make front speakers hit hard as rear with the equipment i have? Thanks for reply
I think you need to adjust the levels correctly to blend it all in, check polarity in front and maybe find another shop if it was installed like this and left the shop sounding subpar.

So you are saying its possible to power up 6 speakers with the jbl amp, polarity such as having positive speaker wire going to negative side? I think i may need to push them to check their wiring, again thanks for your help, when faded to front they kinda sound amplified but like all treble n no bass

I'd run the JBL all 4ch at once, fronts on 2ch 4ohm and all rears 2ch 2ohm if 4 ohm speakers. Then adjust levels from that point for quality.
And yes... polarity is all speakers moving in the same manner in unison... Just 1 out of phase can degrade the quality quite a bit.

qat9hL.jpg

id bridge the amp and push the front speakers with it. run the rear door speakers off the deck from like 200hz down and get rid of the rear dash speakers

rear speakers usually just screw up the sound quality/imaging

and get a sub 😁

that will probably sound the best in the end

and set your amp gain right. heres how and the test tones are at the very bottom

A couple things confuse me about your install.

-the amp you chose at 4 ohm rating is probably just enough to power each pair of hertz speakers. When upgrading newer vehicles a common mistake is owners thinking they have to match/replace every factory speaker location. This is not the case and can be more more money exhausted than results realized.
- you indicated your front has tweeters. Are you talking about your aftermarket hertz? I had a same year fusion as my work car and it had a tweeter spot in the a-pillar. The shop should have advised a 6.5 component set that would have replaced the front door factory 6.5 and tweeter and include a passive crossover. Hopefully that is the case. The bulk of the sound should come from your front stage.
- your factory unit has built in eq that is likely filtering out Frequencies to your front speakers to “protect” them as it thinks your speakers are the factory ones that take super low power. There is likely less factory filtering on the rear speakers which is allowing a more full (not complete though) signal to your rear doors and rear de

To keep factory hu and optimize result, Get a dsp with de-equalization and power two sets of speakers on the amp. Fronts should be amplified and rear deck could be too to give you sub-ish bass. The dsp will let you set filters to each speaker set. Leave your rear doors disconnected or grab a small two channel amp.

this would do it on a budget but only you would eventually need to forgo a speaker set or use rca splitters on the mid channel to enable subs. If you have subs though the rear deck wouldn’t be necessary.

I went in the shop saying i want the stereo to be loud and clear. I also said i wanted the 6x9's added in rear deck, the factory tweeters are in the door, the factory sound was awful. The shop suggested the hertz speakers and the jbl amp. Dont get me wrong the system is loud and clear, i just feel the front hertz should be loud as rear door speakers. I do have a rockford sub in trunk (self powered)

I went in the shop saying i want the stereo to be loud and clear. I also said i wanted the 6x9's added in rear deck, the factory tweeters are in the door, the factory sound was awful. The shop suggested the hertz speakers and the jbl amp. Dont get me wrong the system is loud and clear, i just feel the front hertz should be loud as rear door speakers. I do have a rockford sub in trunk (self powered)
Can you post pictures of the part of the amp with the gain and crossover controls on it? What head unit are you using?

Yes it is possible that the + and - are reversed on one of the mids up front, this would cause lack of low frequency output. You could reverse the + and - for one side going to the fronts at the amp quickly enough for testing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.