Speakers buzzing help?

I am very familiar with soldering and electronics. Would that be something I can go in there and fix?
I would think you could. There are some amplifier repair guys that answer questions on FBook amp repair sites.
Car Audio - Amplifier Repair.. On F.Book
Eric's Amplifier Sales and Service

Hello little long shot here. I just installed a 4 channel machete MLA-4120 and I did all OFC wires from Skar ( yes I know kinda shitty but i’m a high school student on a budget) i have a really loud buzzing noise coming from my door speakers when my amp is set to HPF or Flat but won’t do it if it’s on LPF/Crossover. My ground tested good. I just bought a new headunit thinking that was the problem but it didn’t stop. Any tips or answers?

Sup yall. Have a new job and its been crazy
I ripped out all the old wire, ran OFC 1/0 power/ground everywhere, installed a AGM battery and installed the JP8 & JP84. Also ran KnuKonceptz 4channel Krystal RCAs. Tye buxz has gone down quite a but but it is still there! The only thing I can think of is the head unit is getting old.

Hello little long shot here. I just installed a 4 channel machete MLA-4120 and I did all OFC wires from Skar ( yes I know kinda shitty but i’m a high school student on a budget) i have a really loud buzzing noise coming from my door speakers when my amp is set to HPF or Flat but won’t do it if it’s on LPF/Crossover. My ground tested good. I just bought a new headunit thinking that was the problem but it didn’t stop. Any tips or answers?
Skar isnt shitty stuff.
idk im in the same boat with buzzing lol

Try using a 3.5mm to RCA cable to connect your phone to the amp. If it still buzzes, the amp is the issue.
Okay thank you I will give that a shot tomorrow. See if I disconnect the RCAs the speakers still buzz just extremely quite compared to when the RCAs are hooked up.

Would it be my amp is dying?
Ive had it for 4 years (machete 80.4)
The speakers buzz at any volume, any mode (AM/FM bluetooth, USB) I have done the big 3 upgrade. All wires are OFC wire from amps to speakers. The sub is just fine but all channels off the 4channel amp buzz.
Heres the kicker and what I cant find an answer to. The buzzing completely stops when its on LPF setting… HPF or Lp/Hp filters the buzzing comes back.
View attachment 44885

Ground your RCA's. If that doesn't work then try a different amp.

i tested it with the 3.5 aux mm and it’s as clear absolutely no buzz. what’s next? My head unit?
Try what Bobby suggested, that technique has worked before. You wrap wire around the outer tabs of the RCA cable and connect it to the ground of the amp. If it does not work, run an extra set of RCA wires over the seats to the headunit. This is to find if your current RCA cables are picking up RF interference. As a precaution, ground the stereo chassis to bare metal.

Try what Bobby suggested, that technique has worked before. You wrap wire around the outer tabs of the RCA cable and connect it to the ground of the amp. If it does not work, run an extra set of RCA wires over the seats to the headunit. This is to find if your current RCA cables are picking up RF interference. As a precaution, ground the stereo chassis to bare metal.
i’ll give that a shot. I have tried different RCA cables but it still does it. I’ll ground them after work and get back to you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...