Speakers begin to stop working when Bass is hitting

Participant count
  • Participant list

csowens01

CarAudio.com Newbie
Recently, I installed new speakers in the front of my car (2 Kicker 46CSC674), and everything has been fine up until about thirty minutes ago. I've been able to listen to music just fine for the last few days even after the new installation, and just randomly when I was driving earlier sometimes when the bass would hit, the speakers would go out but the subwoofer was still hitting, so you could still hear the bass. This happened more often when I was connected to Bluetooth and happened very rarely when I was connected to the radio.

The only thing connected to my amp is my sub. The other speakers are not hooked into an amp that I have personally bought nor installed, so I'm assuming that maybe there is some sort of shortage going on within the speakers. This isn't extremely frequent and generally happens around higher volumes (still isn't as frequent), but when it does happen I notice that the speakers gradually begin to cut out, and then they fade completely, only hearing the bass.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there are. I do know that there is a factory amp in the center console under the dash in my car (I drive a 2006 Honda Civic Coupe), but I'm not for sure if maybe that could be a problem. I just went back out on another drive and they seemed to work just fine, but that doesn't mean the problem still won't persist in the future.

It's cold in Indiana. I know the cold here in southeast GA is messing with my speakers... not the sub, just the mids. Although once they are warmed up they play fine...ish. Cold makes metals contract or pull away from things. The cold itself could be causing an artificial short. Check your speaker connections and make sure they are tight or soldier them.

Yeah, I'll probably take a look. I know a few months back I took my car in (before I installed any aftermarket speakers) to get a checkup because I had just bought it, and I was told my alternator belt was starting to go bad so that could always be an issue, just wouldn't make sense if the radio and subs are still hitting but ALL the speakers (tweeters, front, and rear) aren't playing at all. But I really don't know. They've been doing just fine ever since I made this post, but I haven't had to travel at high speeds since this morning.

Coming back to this; I was driving today on the highway and my speakers cut out with my subwoofer still hitting once more. When I shut my car off next and turned it back on, the stereo says "miswiring dc offset error", so this is leading me to believe there may be some sort of short in the wire or the speaker wires may have come loose.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.