Speaker wire to RCA using a Line Out Converter (LOC)

Of course I called crescendo before I came on here, they’re helping me, basically telling me to ship it back. So I’m angry with crescendo because that’s more downtime with no music during best driving weather before winter. My goal was to let readers know that crescendo is apparently slacking but I’m willing to accept that something is hooked up wrong but I know that’s not the case because i hooked up a different tweeter to the channel with fresh wire and it still hisses loudly, no matter the gain or volume or if I remove the rca cables or raise the amp in the air, it still hisses.

Last edited:
I basically got rid of the hiss by rewiring everything so that the tweeters are on channels 3 and 4. Now the hiss is still there but it's not bothering me and it might not be from the amp. I'm grounding through a distribution block so maybe that's part of the hiss I'm hearing. I'm going to test the resistance of my grounds when I get my multimeter test lead extensions.

I've attached a picture of my system map. Any suggestions? I need to know if I should bridge any of these speakers or if they are wired correctly?
My sundown audio subs are bridged to 1 ohm on to the sundown amp.
My rear deck free air midbass is wired as 4 ohms then bridged to 2 ohms on the crescendo amp.

The Symphony S6 has this spec but what does it mean?
Channel 5 and 6:
2 ohm: 350w
4 ohm: 200w
Bridged at 4ohm: 700w

What's the difference between 4 ohms and bridged at 4ohm?
If my rear deck mid-bass is wired at 4 ohms, then I take the two speakers and twist the two positives together and the two negatives together I get 2 ohms, then put that in the channel 5 and 6 of amp, is the amp going to see that as 2 ohm 350w or bridged at 4ohm 700w?
CAR AUDIO SYTEM MAP small.jpg

I rewired subs to 4 ohm because 1ohm doesn’t sound as good.
How can i wire the 6 channel amp up so that it’s only powering my 4 front speakers?
Rear deck isn’t making any useful sounds.

Switch it to 4 channel mode and just run 4 channels.

your rear deck free air speakers are subs....not midbass drivers. Midbass drivers need Relatively proper enclosures like all drivers. I recommended that amp because the 5/6 channels allowed a big delivery of power to the midbass Drivers

Switch it to 4 channel mode and just run 4 channels.

your rear deck free air speakers are subs....not midbass drivers. Midbass drivers need Relatively proper enclosures like all drivers. I recommended that amp because the 5/6 channels allowed a big delivery of power to the midbass Drivers

Yea I cannot get those kickers to sound good, they were supposed to sound decent as free air speakers.

When I switched it to 4 channel it should have made the front speakers louder but it didn’t. It seemed to have no affect. The bass knob also seemed to have no affect. The clipping lights didn’t work and it hissed.

I returned the crescendo amp and just hooked up a Rockford t1000-4ad and the hiss is gone and it just sounds better.

Crescendo may or may not give me full refund, i will see. I already took a loss from shipping costs.

I wouldn’t recommend the crescendo anymore until they get better.

Here’s an extra question:
We got that sundown audio sub amp and it has a LPF that can’t be turned off. I can turn it down as low as 30 Hz on the amp.
If i want the Subwoofer LPF set at 80 Hz, when i set it on the dsp should it be 80 Hz, or should I subtract whatever the amp is dialed in to?
So that it’s like 30hz on amp + 50hz on dsp = 80hz total LPF?

I was finally refunded for my crescendo amp after like 6 phone calls and like 5 emails going back and forth.

$356.72 was refunded for an amp i paid $500 for. I also already paid like $20 to ship it. I almost took a $200 loss for a defective amp. They sent me a video showing a tech inserting wires into each channel so each played music, the rest of my issues were ignored like the nonfunctional clipping lights.

i was just happy to have it all behind me. They were treating me like such a burden and they made the whole return process as difficult as possible.

Do not ever buy from them and shame on anyone who recommends them. I feel like a total sucka

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.