2- Polk 6052 6.5
2- Polk 6052 tweeters
1- audiofrog GS25 (on the way)
Rear
Same 4 Polk 6052’s as front
Trunk
Audiofrog GB12D4
Speakers are all in phase
I’ve done lots of sound deadening and soundproofing. All of my 6.5’s currently have roadkill foam inserts that fit tight. The DSP is running all eight channels plus output for subwoofer and was tuned by the installer who is trained by Audison. Tweeters sound good.. a big crisp though.
he thinks the 6.5’s are underpowered.
I guess I don’t really know my mids sound from midbass exactly. But there is definitely a big gap between where the 12 inch is picking up and where the 6 1/2 is leaving off.
I’m guessing people are going to tell me to play with the tuning, which I can’t do at the moment. And drop the rear speakers and go with a three-way front.. that is very well what might end up happening. But in the meantime I think investing in a better set of 6.5’s will be my best bet.
What are some recommendations without breaking for a pair of GB60s at 900$

Last edited:
gotta play with the crossover settings and amp gain settings to get it all to blend

heres how to set the gains right. the test tones are at the very bottom

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.