Speaker bass issues

Participant count
  • Participant list

JustinStone

aspiring nutrient
Florida
I have two kicker CSC65 6.5" speakers running off a skar SK-M4004D using a maximum of 20.48 volts for 4ohm 100rms speakers.

When playing songs with heavy bass at rated power or less I observe a static pop for the duration of the tone. One such song is "Branded" by Yury 5 seconds in. I have run these speakers on a Pyle pla2200 for around 2 months and noticed the problem only amplified and tried two different sets of RCA cables in case of distortion there. To solve the issue i have them crossed over at 180hz hpf at the receiver and ~100hz at the amplifier allowing for whatever tone it is to be tuned down to a manageable volume.

It is important to note I have replaced the amp, RCA cables, wires running to the speakers are either 16-18awg, mount for speakers has been added, and have added deadening to solve this problem. Nothing has solved the issue and the speakers themselves are not blown in any capacity.

Does the speaker need an enclosure to add back pressure?

I have the the same speakers in all 4 doors being ran by a kicker cx360.4 and I get the same issue if I run them below 100 hz. But I haven't tried a -24 slope yet. These speakers are supposed to be capable of playing 40-20,000 Hz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.