Soundstream XXX-6500D VS Sundown Audio 2500d

Joe562MMA
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
ok i know the sound stream is rated more power but i just want some input from all u guys about rated power about quality of the amp an everything took-en in to consideration..

i am gonna be running 235 amp h/o alt one yellow top optima in front 2 ups 12-370fr batteries in the back 2 runs of 2/0 welding wire to back batteries.. and a set of 4 15 inch alpine type Rs in a box tuned to 29hz

so my question is would i be better running the sundown at .5 ohm making around 3000 im guessing..

or running the subs at 2ohms with the sound stream amp making RMS Power Rating @ 14.4 Volts:

4 ohms: 1750 watts x 1 chan.

2 ohms: 3290 watts x 1 chan.

1 ohm: 4490 watts x 1 chan.

any help or experiences with these amps would help thanks

I don't know too much about either amp, but efficiency at 2 ohms will be greater than efficiency at 0.5 ohms pretty much every time. If you can get them at the same price get the SS.

i was thinking that too ..it would be safer to run them at 2 ohms ..plus the sound stream has dual 0 gauge power an ground connections looks beefy lol

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

lol what are u asking for it ..an Ive always preferred sundown over dc.

ss dtr1.3400 are nice and rated @ .5 ohm. and they are not hogs @ .5 in my eyes. my friend had this before me on his stock 130a alt with 2 2 yella top opti's and he was still able to maintain 12.5v on music, so seeing you have a bigger alt it would probly do well. also they do rated from the clamp thread i seen "taylorfade" was talking about he clamped one... i just got one... i like it but id rather have power @ 1 ohm seeing im not going to a .5 ohm. i wish i could find somone with say a saz-2500 thats looking for .5 ohm power to trade with

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.