sony 10" vs. re8

pj2003
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
currently i have 2 sony xplod p5 10"subs in a sealed box with 175 watts goin to each one. what i want to do is get 4 re8's and port them with each sub in a 0.5 cu.ft. box for each. which would hit lower?which would be louder? which would have better sound quality? and which would rock the block the best.by the way it is goin in a reg cab silverado........also if anyone knows what would 4 re8's ported hit in db's?????? oh yea each re8 would get 87 watts........same amp as for the sony's

re would be better in every way, and i dont know what it would hit u would just have to find out,and as the amp you will prob need to get a bigger amp

do yall think 87 watts apiece is enuff.....i have heard that re8's when they are ported have bottomed out with 130 watts so i "think" 87 would work well

do yall think 87 watts apiece is enuff.....i have heard that re8's when they are ported have bottomed out with 130 watts so i "think" 87 would work well
It's all in the install. I have 200 watts on each with no problems. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Why not just get 2 so you have plenty of power, I'm sure you would be happy with 2 for now. Everyone says they are awesome. Then if you want 2 more eventually you can get a new amp too.

i think i might jus go ahead and get the 4 of em and send em 87 watts apiece and see how i like it..........but if i nee d more i'll look into a 600 watt amp......any suggestions......amp cannot be a huge amp cuz i'm gonna hafta put it under my seat so i would prefer a class d

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.