Solar Deep cycle agm vs "car audio" agm vs starter agm

Participant count
  • Participant list

Maxchaos

CarAudio.com Newbie
Italy
Hello again!
I'm upgrading my battery setup.For now I have a 140amp alternator and 1 agm start and stop battery on the front.

I can buy Deep cycle agm battery for RV services/solar panels at half the price of the car audio made agm batteries here in italy,130€ for 100ah (no Mention of cca or RC) or 280€ for caro audio 100Ah. Odissey batteries run for 400€ plus.

Have anyone used solar panel batteries? Will they work good? Car will always sound with engine running,and I'm running a Stetsom 5k and stetsom 200w x4,thinking of install 3-400ah of batteries.

I can buy starter agm for same price as solar batteries,like Duracell agm. What's better now?

Last edited:
I can buy starter agm for same price as solar batteries,like Duracell agm.
Those Duracell AGM batteries are decent for the money. I've run them in the past and they seem to perform well enough.

That said, here in USA 400AH worth of 100AH Duracell AGMs would cost about 1000$ (before buying terminals and cable to connect them all) and would weigh over 300 pounds (136KG) and take up a good amount of space.

Can you get Lithium cells there? At what cost? I'd say if you're looking to spend that kind of money into a big boy electrical system you're crazy to not buy into LTO cells. An 80AH YingLong bank should hang with a 5K amp pretty well and could be had with machined bus bars for about the same money as 4 large AGM batteries.

Do you live near Naples? The US has a military base there and you may be able to make friends with someone who works there who could get you stuff shipped from USA on the cheap and dodge some customs?

Hello again!
I'm upgrading my battery setup.For now I have a 140amp alternator and 1 agm start and stop battery on the front.

I can buy Deep cycle agm battery for RV services/solar panels at half the price of the car audio made agm batteries here in italy,130€ for 100ah (no Mention of cca or RC) or 280€ for caro audio 100Ah. Odissey batteries run for 400€ plus.

Have anyone used solar panel batteries? Will they work good? Car will always sound with engine running,and I'm running a Stetsom 5k and stetsom 200w x4,thinking of install 3-400ah of batteries.

I can buy starter agm for same price as solar batteries,like Duracell agm. What's better now?
I replay in english so the other can understand, but i'm italian too, i live near Modena. i recently bought 144ah audio system LTO and never been so happy before even with my stock 120a alternator. i have 2 taramps 3k and 2 soundigital 800.4 for the doors and a deaf bonce 8k for the subs. i totally agree with @hispls that LTO is the way to go with, no regrets i promise. P.S. that 18 cells weight only around 25kg and the price was 1500 euros. i have a couple of photos on my ig (k9candyman). have a nice day man

I replay in english so the other can understand, but i'm italian too, i live near Modena. i recently bought 144ah audio system LTO and never been so happy before even with my stock 120a alternator. i have 2 taramps 3k and 2 soundigital 800.4 for the doors and a deaf bonce 8k for the subs. i totally agree with @hispls that LTO is the way to go with, no regrets i promise. P.S. that 18 cells weight only around 25kg and the price was 1500 euros. i have a couple of photos on my ig (k9candyman). have a nice day man
Those are the 45AH Yinglong cells with a sticker on them. That's still a decent price if they come with bus bars.

We use 240AH bank in my brother's Civic with stock alternator on a big 9K Korean amp and he will melt subs before those batteries give up. I'd say 120-140AH of those LTO cells should be rock solid on 5K amp.

I've got some 40AH cells here for 50$ each. Might even be able to ship them to Italy for a competitive price, I've got a friend in Cercola who gets a good rate with UPS.

Thanks for your response guys!
I'm not so much involved to justify an LTO,car is a daily driven and batteries will be installed when needed.Maybe 1 time a month,so even if I need double the amps I'm not worried much of the weight and space.
I can take some agm solar panel Deep cycle batteries for 100€ new,or marine dual purpose for 200.
Lto runs for over 1k€ and you need to do alot of cabling,too much for a daily driven with fast removable subs 😅

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...