Soft Top Jeep Wrangler with 2 15's in bandpass

JeepGuy
10+ year member

So let me start off by saying this is my first actual box build and my first time with a actual "loud" system.

Alright starting off, I have a 1995 Wrangler with lots of upgrades. I have it on 33" All-Terrians with a 5" lift. It has a cold Air intake and smittybuilt front and rear bumpers. I just recently installed new chrome mirrors and 4 new fog lights. There are many more things I'm sure I didn't mention but thats all I can remember.

The Box is a 4th Order. It is 15 cubes with the port tuned to 47 hertz with 140 sq in of port area. The subwoofers are going to be ran at .5 ohms. The port to seal ratio is 1.5:1

This is how it sits now:

IMG_1172.jpg

IMG_1174.jpg

Now here is the 2 15" old school Autotek Mean Machines dual 2's that I got from FLASTRONGMAN

IMG_1085.jpg

DSC00207.jpg

DSC00209.jpg

DSC00211.jpg

Amp is a here... It's a Audiopipe 1500

IMG_1170.jpg

Box designed by me

View attachment 26529876

Last edited by a moderator:
Finsihed Product...

I definently learned a lot of this build including how important bracing is...

DSC00269.jpg

DSC00235.jpg

Audio Savings ftw

Cadence dual amplifier 0 gauge Wiring kit

IMG_1181.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

jw why a bandpass box and what are the specs?
opps I will will go put in that in the first post now. lol

The Box is a 4th Order. It is 15 cubes with the port tuned to 47 hertz with 140 sq in of port area. The subwoofers are going to be ran at .5 ohms. The port to seal ratio is 1.5:1

The reason I did bandpass is because is because of what I was told it has a wider broadwidth of frequencys it can play and I think they sound better if built correctly. But for this one I think I tuned it too low because it seems to favor slowed songs. lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...