Soft Dome or Super Tweeter?

Why don't you just put it on your sail panel? Have you decided what tweeter size you want? If you go with a big tweeter, then you might have to fabricate or drill a hole in your doors. But most 1" tweeters can fit easily in the sail panel. I wouldn't feel comfortable drilling a hole in the doors either.
That's what I am going to end up doing. Now to find a cheap set of tweeters.

Tymphany XT25TG30-04 1" Dual Ring Radiator TweeterI think I still have a set of these tweets sitting if interested,used for approx a week in a pod,then pulled them,and placed in my amp room
I don't think I can put those in sail pods unfortunately. Wanted more of a rounded face rather than a flat one. If it was in my doors, I would use those. Unless you guys have a way to fit those in my sail pods.

Any options?
Please tell me you haven't bought tweets yet. If not, definitely buy these:

The Madisound Speaker Store

Only consider the ring radiator tweeters if you're definitely mounting exactly on axis, pointing them BOTH straight at you. The seas neo's are one of the most popular tweeters on diyma. I heard them and they sounded great but the above tweeter I linked is just fantastic. Blew my $200-300 Hertz HT 25's out of the freaking water. And the off axis extension/response is crazy good. You will probably never find a tweeter that sounds as good as these, handles as much power, and has the same off axis response. Not to mention they're just $34 each. Simply unbeatable.

I don't think I can put those in sail pods unfortunately. Wanted more of a rounded face rather than a flat one. If it was in my doors, I would use those. Unless you guys have a way to fit those in my sail pods.
pvc endcaps are less than 3 dollars, use them and a hollow bolt to mount on your A pillar. Every easy to do.

super tweeters are just as big, if not bigger. Either way you'll have to do some custom fabrication.

pvc endcaps are less than 3 dollars, use them and a hollow bolt to mount on your A pillar. Every easy to do.

super tweeters are just as big, if not bigger. Either way you'll have to do some custom fabrication.
How could I use those endcaps to fit a flat soft dome tweeter? If anything I was looking at the audiopipe atx100b tweeters if it's at that situation.

How could I use those endcaps to fit a flat soft dome tweeter? If anything I was looking at the audiopipe atx100b tweeters if it's at that situation.
Post # 1, 2, 3 and 6

Cheap, adjustable, easily replaceable tweeter pods - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

Get away from audiopipe, You think their amps were dirty? The sh*t sound their speakers/tweeters put out is 10x worse. The xt 25 tweeters or sb acoustics recommended will put you in a state of sonic bliss in comparison and get really fking loud and sound way nicer at high volumes. You are getting near hertz level quality sound and output with those. Its worth the jump from these garbage low tier tweets you are looking up.

Post # 1, 2, 3 and 6Cheap, adjustable, easily replaceable tweeter pods - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

Get away from audiopipe, You think their amps were dirty? The sh*t sound their speakers/tweeters put out is 10x worse. The xt 25 tweeters or sb acoustics recommended will put you in a state of sonic bliss in comparison and get really fking loud and sound way nicer at high volumes. You are getting near hertz level quality sound and output with those. Its worth the jump from these garbage low tier tweets you are looking up.
So I could do that and fit that in my sail pods or put them in a different place? That looks good though.

I've got super tweets and love them. Just set gain lower than they can handle, and they'll blend with your mids. I'm running pro audio speakers too though. I was limited to one mid and one tweet per side to keep up with my substage. Pro audio was the obvious choice, and I actually like the "concert" sound. Loud and clear

To each their own. I'm by no means a "sound quality" guy. It sounds good to me

Why don't you just put it on your sail panel? Have you decided what tweeter size you want? If you go with a big tweeter, then you might have to fabricate or drill a hole in your doors. But most 1" tweeters can fit easily in the sail panel. I wouldn't feel comfortable drilling a hole in the doors either.
Trying to see if those pvc endcaps would fit in my sail pods.

Trying to see if those pvc endcaps would fit in my sail pods.
I used the PVC method and love mine, didnt require a ton of modding. Just needed to glue the cap to the tube and paint them, then put a hole in my pillar. Whole thing including paint was maybe 12-14 bucks and hour or two of work.

As for tweets, go with silk domes for sure. I really like my CDT HD-100s, as well as my DD T2s. The DDs can be found for 40 used, only 60 new.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.