So why is nobody talking about the Sundown full bridge amps?

The quality of them is better than Taramps. Guess they just haven't been out long enough to have alot of opinions. I would run one.

Alot of companies are jumping on the full bridge bandwagon now. Which is great IMO.
Have you seen one to say that? I haven't heard anything about their quality yet. FWIW the story is a chinese buildhouse approached Jacob and offered him a full bridge line to brand as sundown and it was so cheap that he couldn't turn it down.

Just as a general shitpost regarding sundown now selling full bridge, it's amazing to see all the hardcore hypocrites of full bridge in the past, even the newer stable lines coming out of brazil, making comments about how they'll be buying them and it's not for any reason with merit. It's just because it's branded as sundown. Not the warranty, not the possible quality and QC, none of that. Just nuthugging their way into fullbridge after shitting on it.

Just as a general shitpost regarding sundown now selling full bridge, it's amazing to see all the hardcore hypocrites of full bridge in the past, even the newer stable lines coming out of brazil, making comments about how they'll be buying them and it's not for any reason with merit. It's just because it's branded as sundown. Not the warranty, not the possible quality and QC, none of that. Just nuthugging their way into fullbridge after shitting on it.
In their defense Brazil has had a rocky history with reliability issues and in the past repairs have been difficult, impossible, or required sending something back to Brazil.

I know you and I have discussed this before that while I've had good luck with some Stetsom amps back in the day I would not buy Brazilian without warranty now. Honestly if these Chinese full bridge were coming from anybody else but Sundown I wouldn't buy them either but I know Jacob has deep enough pockets and enough clout in the industry that he could make good if the entire line of amps turned into a fiasco like DAT2500 or RD3250v2. And of course there's a Sundown dealer/repair shop within 40 miles of my house.

The reason I’ll use Sundown when I go full bridge is because of the warranty. I’ve dealt with Sundown directly before regarding warranty and it was a breeze. I currently don’t run anything Sundown and honestly don’t really plan to any time soon.

Have you seen one to say that? I haven't heard anything about their quality yet. FWIW the story is a chinese buildhouse approached Jacob and offered him a full bridge line to brand as sundown and it was so cheap that he couldn't turn it down.

Yes. The pots are so much better than Taramps.

In their defense Brazil has had a rocky history with reliability issues and in the past repairs have been difficult, impossible, or required sending something back to Brazil.

I know you and I have discussed this before that while I've had good luck with some Stetsom amps back in the day I would not buy Brazilian without warranty now. Honestly if these Chinese full bridge were coming from anybody else but Sundown I wouldn't buy them either but I know Jacob has deep enough pockets and enough clout in the industry that he could make good if the entire line of amps turned into a fiasco like DAT2500 or RD3250v2. And of course there's a Sundown dealer/repair shop within 40 miles of my house.
Right, your reasons are quite different than those I'm addressing. You've mitigated your concerns with actual merit.

Yes. The pots are so much better than Taramps.
That's good, but doesn't change anything pertaining to peoples concerns about reliability of full bridge.

Never said anything about peoples concerns about reliability. Just stated that the build quality was better.

SFB8k is $150 more than the MD8000 but has dual power inputs, Tiffany RCAs, dual speaker outputs, and more linear/better feeling gain pots.

Right, your reasons are quite different than those I'm addressing. You've mitigated your concerns with actual merit.

That's good, but doesn't change anything pertaining to peoples concerns about reliability of full bridge.
who are you addressing? Only a few people posted in this thread with most already running full bridge?

barevids had a video on them i believe. The internal designs and parts are higher capacity and quality and can handle a bit more abuse, less prone to failure. Its a good reason why the amp costs quite a bit more than taramps for the same power, its not all the sundown name. Maybe the mark up 75% name brand markup but is 25% from better parts vs 100% sundown nut hugger's markup lol.

who are you addressing? Only a few people posted in this thread with most already running full bridge?
Feels like I'm addressing half of the car audio community who shat on full bridge for years. Only recently have we seen the massive proliferation of full bridge (mostly due to cost) and the same people who hated it without any real reasoning will buy it because of the sundown name. Very few will state why they now the SFB line even though its full bridge. @hispls and I talked pretty extensively about it and he's made very good reasons as to why it's a good purchase - and I agree, not that my opinion matters.

I just wanted to point out that we're seeing a big shift simply because sundown put out a full bridge and I find it quite ironic.

Ok I'll be the dumbass in the room. What exactly does a full bridge amp mean vs a regular mono sub amp ? Is it strictly based off the amps impedance/tolerance ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.