So I just ordered 4 of these...

I do have a blazer, which for the most part is a loud platform. But ya, was kind of surprised. I was guessing mid 120s on my 4ch lol

Well built for the price but, I prob will not even take the time to install them in a vehicle. Can I get anyones opinion on how these may do for sub duty in a home stereo setup? I can wire the 4 to a final 4 ohm load.

I modeled them up in 4cf at 25hz on 500w, they seem to play pretty flat until the low 20s. This is also with a modest 3db/octave room gain. Unless it's in a very large room, there should be more gain. Assuming 8mm of xmax, they hit xmax around 23hz.

7gdduDQ.png

https://i.imgur.com/7gdduDQ.png

The 12s in 4cf tuned to 33hz will perform very strong in the low end, like 25-35hz, with a slight ripple and peak around 30hz that gradually smooths out as the hz get higher.

Shrink it to 3cf and you get a near perfect flat response curve (+/- .3db from 25-80hz)

I contained myself and ordered 1 just to play with and I have a 4th order for 1 12 that will Be perfect

The 12s in 4cf tuned to 33hz will perform very strong in the low end, like 25-35hz, with a slight ripple and peak around 30hz that gradually smooths out as the hz get higher.

Shrink it to 3cf and you get a near perfect flat response curve (+/- .3db from 25-80hz)

12’s went up to 25 and some change sometime after lunch today when I ordered my second set of four at 14.54 a piece and even got Walmart to do a price adjustment on my first 4 for the 14.54 price. So yeah I bought 8 12’s for $116.32 lol. Not sure what the hell im gonna do with them but **** for the money I don’t think you could beat it. Also ordered an 8 and although it’s not in the truck yet I’m very impressed with how much these little 8’s can move.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

MattinMO

Senior VIP Member
MattinMO
St.louis, MO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from