So confused, Issue with speakers cutting out as volume increases.

Participant count
  • Participant list

TLnewb

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I've been dealing with an issue on my new install where the speakers are cutting out at higher volumes. I have two line out converters with input coming from the stock head unit and output going to a RF 600w amp. The RF amp then goes to a component set in the front. I have plans to bridge the last two channels on the RF for a sub but I've been trying to fix this issue with the components for a couple months now. Essentially whenever I turn up the audio past even 1/4 volume the components start cutting out. I know the issue is before the crossovers since I tried hooking the tweeters up directly and still got the issue. Also the crossovers themselves and the tweeters were tested by the manufacturer since I sent them back. I have made sure my grounds are really well connected for both the LOCs and the amp and tested them with a multimeter. I have also tested the amp and LOCs for voltage drops and found nothing. So I know the issue has to be before the crossovers and I'm pretty sure it is after the LOCs but also not an amplifier issue. There really shouldn't be an issue with the speaker wire going to the crossovers since its a really short distance and high quality crutchfield wire. Some of my connections that go from the stock receiver to the RCAs that plug into the LOCs are a little dicey. Could that be my issue? Please help I am extremely confused.

You could plug your phone directly into the amplifier with an rca to pin jack converter and find out if it’s an rca cable issue that way.
Thanks so much for the reply. I tried what you suggested and the speakers worked fine so I'm fairly certain it's an issue with the RCAs or the LOCs.

So I did some more tests this morning and I redid my rca connections. Right now I just have the connections twisted and taped since I'm still trying to identify the issue but they are wrapped tight and not making contact with each other. I'm able to get a little more volume before it cuts out now but I'm still having the same issue. I'm still reading normal voltage on the LOC so I feel like it isnt a ground or power issue with the LOC. I would also be really surprised if it was the rca wire being bad since its brand new EFX marine RCA patch cables from crutchfield and I've tested the issue with multiple different rca wires that I have running to the same spot. Any more advice?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...