Smart 5. Who’s got one?

Participant count
  • Participant list

JakeW

CarAudio.com Regular
Sold my md5k. Gonna clean up my signal, and get a new amp. So what’s the new smart 5 all about? I’m considering a smart 5 @.5, cause I’ve been told it’s good to run or an md8000.1 just turned down to combat rise. Larger amp running at lower output is the most efficient correct? School me. I need 3000rms, rise is 1.8x, 2ohm subs.

Run it at .5 keep 13.5 at the amp put a fan on it don't clip it excessively and you should be fine. I'm not sure how reliable they will be but get one from a good dealer.

Remember the amp is 6kw with a regulated power supply id expect around 75% efficiency real world with a soft clip.
So your looking at close to 8500 watts
8400/13.5
650 amps of draw.
I'd run at the least a 320 and a lishen 60ah

Thanks. Looking at a 370 mechman and I have a titan8 pwr-s5 now.
Run it at .5 keep 13.5 at the amp put a fan on it don't clip it excessively and you should be fine. I'm not sure how reliable they will be but get one from a good dealer.

Remember the amp is 6kw with a regulated power supply id expect around 75% efficiency real world with a soft clip.
So your looking at close to 8500 watts
8400/13.5
650 amps of draw.
I'd run at the least a 320 and a lishen 60ah

I see so many MD 12ks for $550-650 on Facebook marketplace. Worth watching it for a week or two.

Edit: Nvm you have d2s, yeah smart 5 is a great option.

The 12k is .5 capable? Space is limited though, back wall of my ram with a lithium battery.
There is a MD12k 0.5 ohm stable version. I think that the bass 15k will also do 0.5 but don't take my word. Also make sure you know that the smart 5 will also do 0.5, I thought I read somewhere that it could but I am having trouble finding it again.

There is a MD12k 0.5 ohm stable version. I think that the bass 15k will also do 0.5 but don't take my word. Also make sure you know that the smart 5 will also do 0.5, I thought I read somewhere that it could but I am having trouble finding it again.

I thought that the full bridge amps don't really put out any more watts once you drop below one ohm. So, what would be the benefit of running the amp outside of the manufacturer's recommendations?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...