Smallest build log in history.

Participant count
  • Participant list
Not bad for such a small speaker.
It's a really neat little toy. I had it added to a record player for my daughter and it sounded really good. She had it for 2 years and traded it for a littke bigger BT stereo i made with a larger woofer in it. This little sub plays down to 45 HZ really well actually. Surpringly well. It really has good thump on rock and metal. It struggles a bit if you try to play really low bass stuff loud. I need to put a SSF on it at around 40 HZ. It has a much much fuller sound than my JBL speaker has. I have the 5.25 inch and 6.5 tang band subs to play with also. The 5.25 is my next portable project. I have it in a shop radio now and it plays down really low. There is no other low wattage subwoofers that can compare to these. Not one I've found.

This build is more of a working novelty than a practical project. It turned out better than expected really. I'm going to make something similar for an EV car using 2 6.5 inch subs in a small box in the rear, 10 18650 lithium ion batteries, amp built into the sub box with 2 full range pod speakers that run up front. This is basically a tiny version of a bigger thing I have coming up for a mini system in an EV.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...