Smaller better sub and box setup than FI for Jeep?

jeeper2269

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Mar 17, 2007
Somewhere, OR
I have an 07 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4 Door and the current box has an FI 12 “Q”. The box is pretty big and came out of my F150 I sold. 

I just upgraded the amp to a Teramps md3000. Sounds great, however, I am wondering if I can maybe sell the current box and sub and do a smaller encloser, with a different sub that would be best matched to the amp. 

Any ideas?

OP
J

jeeper2269

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Mar 17, 2007
Somewhere, OR
you'll just have to accept a huge loss in output.
Really?

i totally thought there was something out there that would perform better in a smaller box with that much power. 

I have not personally heard one, but many have raved about the JL w7 in stealth boxes. I know they are expensive though. 

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
Really?

i totally thought there was something out there that would perform better in a smaller box with that much power. 

I have not personally heard one, but many have raved about the JL w7 in stealth boxes. I know they are expensive though. 
there is no better in terms of output spl.  maybe better tightness and accuracy with an SQ oriented sub but your output from a 12 to an 8 or 10 will drop drastically.

OP
J

jeeper2269

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Mar 17, 2007
Somewhere, OR
Gosh. It is really very big. I was thinking of putting this thing into my car but know I have some doubts about it due to its size.
Depends on what kind of car.  But I had this built for to fit where the rear single passenger seat folded up in my 2018 f150. 

What about two better tens 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds