• Participant list

SlugButter

CarAudio.com VIP
arizona
Head unit: iPad mini
Processing: PRV 8.1 DSP
Midbass: 2 dayton audio 4 inch in each door
Tweeters: Dayton audio 40 watts rms
Subwoofer: Constantly swapped, but for this build, 8 inch Dayton ultimax 1.3 cubes @ 30hz
Also doing an audio legion 10. Tested with this build (brothers Christmas present)
Sub amp: Timpano 1400 watt mono
4 channel amp: Timpano 800 watt

The Dayton audios were meant for a home audio build, but that one changed along the way and I used coaxials instead of these and the tweeters, so I’m using them in my Jeep. The Jeep had 6X9 so I adapted them.
22B9B1DE-A37A-4247-ADA8-75E7C19846C5.jpeg
4FDB2082-E52A-461D-82DC-39A3DC1619D9.jpeg

I am going to put those Audio Legion 10" Armada's in that box Shredder designed for me later this week hopefully. Personally I am impressed with how nice they are for being a Chinese subwoofer.

Also those daytons look nice as well, I keep thinking about going to pick a set up but just never do for some odd reason.

Head unit: iPad mini
Processing: PRV 8.1 DSP
Midbass: 2 dayton audio 4 inch in each door
Tweeters: Dayton audio 40 watts rms
Subwoofer: Constantly swapped, but for this build, 8 inch Dayton ultimax 1.3 cubes @ 30hz
Also doing an audio legion 10. Tested with this build (brothers Christmas present)
Sub amp: Timpano 1400 watt mono
4 channel amp: Timpano 800 watt
Are you running the PRV Audio DSP 2.8x? If so, what are your thoughts on it?

Are you running the PRV Audio DSP 2.8x? If so, what are your thoughts on it?
I haven’t been able to use it yet. Should be installed on Father’s Day. It has all the options I want, except a Bluetooth connection, which I could create myself with a kernel board. I debated between this one and the Dayton DSP that is done through an app, but i sorta like having control of it manually. I’m going to mount it so I have access to it from the drivers seat, since I don’t technically have a head unit. I realize I put 8.1, but it is labeled as a 2.8. Thanks for the catch.

I couldn’t help myself and ordered 2 of the 10 inch audio legion subwoofers. If I actually receive the first 2, I will buy 4 more and maybe a few 12s and a 15. They look pretty good on paper and also look good in modeling software for a 70$ subwoofer. Might be able to turn a little money over on them and basically get a free audio system for myself.

I haven’t been able to use it yet. Should be installed on Father’s Day. It has all the options I want, except a Bluetooth connection, which I could create myself with a kernel board. I debated between this one and the Dayton DSP that is done through an app, but i sorta like having control of it manually. I’m going to mount it so I have access to it from the drivers seat, since I don’t technically have a head unit. I realize I put 8.1, but it is labeled as a 2.8. Thanks for the catch.

Hopefully I didn't come off as trying to be an ass and correct you. I was just trying to find the unit that you have. I am interested in getting a DSP. I appreciate the response. Looking forward to your build. If you would, please post up your thoughts on that DSP.

Box is finished. 1 cube @31 hz is what I ended up at. Close enough......I guess. Port gets too close to the back wall to get down to my plan of 30 hz. I screwed myself on the speaker bars and cut them short and made them too close to the surround on the sub, so I will have to make a couple more tomorrow.
1EF146E7-599C-4891-ADAF-86B52392B4B4.jpeg
3C08AAFD-8149-4D8A-A1CB-92352FB08407.jpeg
2380415C-C3E0-416B-BD0E-4E4BC7B08ADF.jpeg

Finished up fabricating the adapters for the 6x9s and mounting the speakers and bars in them. They screw directly into the factory 6x9 spot. Full system ready to install in the car now. Just received my sound deadener for the doors, so just waiting on wiring to show up.
C400213C-9B0D-4418-A70D-B3555ECEE313.jpeg

Decided to put the spare tire in the roof rack and use the spare tire well for the amp rack. I made my own fused distribution block and ground distribution.from some 0 gauge lugs I found in the dumpster at a construction site. Running wire through the Jeep tomorrow.
9C45D71D-EF84-47E3-BF60-542152A4DB95.jpeg

The 2 distribution blocks were made from some 0 gauge reducer lugs for solar panels. Probably going to have to replace the 2 fuses with smaller amperage. 100 for the sub amp and 60 for the 4 channel is what should probably be in there.
F8733A39-1764-4DAC-A405-07D897AFE1CF.jpeg

What do you think of those Timpano amps?
They seem ok. I’m only running a 300 watt rms sub on the mono amp right now, so it’s hard to say until I put a bigger sub in there. I have 2 audio legion 10s in my shop that I haven’t built a box for yet. In a couple of weeks I will throw those in and see if it will put out the 1200 rms it claims. I doubt it puts out what it claims though. First thing I noticed is when installing is that it doesn’t accept anywhere near a 4 gauge wire. I had to trim it significantly to fit it in the connection. 60 amps worth of fuses on the amp, yet claiming it consumes 150 amps with signal bass in the manual doesn’t quite add up either. If I had to guess, I’d say it’s good for maybe 800 rms, but who knows. These newer amps are designed differently and way smaller than I’m used to. I’m accustomed to even 800 watts rms being double the size of this thing, so I may just be out of touch with these digital amps. I just am not convinced yet that I will get anywhere near the 1400 rms at 14 volts it claims.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...