Small footprint Amp for 1.5 ohm and 1000-1500w

winkychevelle
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Ok so im kinda in a conundrum. I bought a pair of older 13tw5 3ohm sub and have been running them in an under sized box for a while off of my kicker cx1200.1.

Well fast forward and after a while the box started to come apart. Not a big deal the plan was to replace it anyway and I did. But with the old box flexing it broke the mounting feet off the amp.

To add insult to injury the new box is bigger and the amps now have to go on the back way with my relay panel. Which mean they don't fit well and need to be smaller.

So I need an amp that can do 1-1500w at 2 ohm and still be 1ohm stable while being tiny.

The jl hd1200/1 would work but I really don't want to pay retail for jl

Ok so im kinda in a conundrum. I bought a pair of older 13tw5 3ohm sub and have been running them in an under sized box for a while off of my kicker cx1200.1.
Well fast forward and after a while the box started to come apart. Not a big deal the plan was to replace it anyway and I did. But with the old box flexing it broke the mounting feet off the amp.

To add insult to injury the new box is bigger and the amps now have to go on the back way with my relay panel. Which mean they don't fit well and need to be smaller.

So I need an amp that can do 1-1500w at 2 ohm and still be 1ohm stable while being tiny.

Someone posted a Massive Audio N4 on here earlier it might be perfect for what you need ...

Bass 1200 2ohm or HD3000 2ohm.

That 1.5ohm, if thats DCR, then you want a 2ohm amp, which i've provided, not 1ohm

What kind of dimensions are we talking that you'd like to stay within (footprint)?

Current amps are about 13x8. I have some room to play with I just can't use a massive 3000w amp turned down because it won't fit.

And even with a 1.5 resting resistance I'd like a 1 ohm stable amp because in some cases 2ohm amps are picky with protect mode and low ohm load.

The kicker I have now is a 2ohm amp which has been dynoed around 1500w at 1.5ohm and I've been rounding it at 1.5 ohm for a few years now

I could go with a couple smaller amps gain matched pushing a 3ohm load. Would be looking for about 600w at 3ohm which puts me looking at 800-1000w at 2 ohm amps

Was currently looking at the kenwood excelon xr600-1. I know it rated at 600 at 2ohm but with 90amps of fusing I feel it should be quite underrated

The other option was the alpine x-a90m which is 900 at 2ohm

Your math needs some work..

You say you are using a 13x8 amp but you don't have room for the 3000w amp we recommended?

Our amp is 9x7.5" I don't see how that's bigger?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.