Skar SDR 12 vs SVR 10 vs DDX 10

If you can afford to spend more money then buy from a company who will back it up like Sundown and so on. A company that will honor its warranty, does actual product research instead of copying someone else.

I miss the older days.... :LOL:

So supporting a company that scammed tons of their customers doesn't sway you to not buy from them? :unsure:
750760, member: 638728"]
Well lying about TS specs on subs is pretty shitty. But majority people I see running Skar have it in a pos prefab anyways so I guess it doesn’t matter. He tries to copy Sundowns products as well and unfortunately the uneducated (most people) think it’s the same thing with a lower price tag
[/QUOTE]

That was a while ago though
Oh

If you can afford to spend more money then buy from a company who will back it up like Sundown and so on. A company that will honor its warranty, does actual product research instead of copying someone else.
I honestly can't afford much. I guess what I'm really hoping for is some kind soul comes along and sells me there nice stuff for cheap (in my price range) but thats highly unlikely.

I honestly can't afford much. I guess what I'm really hoping for is some kind soul comes along and sells me there nice stuff for cheap (in my price range) but thats highly unlikely.
What i really want is something that i wont have to upgrade for 10+ years. Something that will shake the car if needed, but doesn't have to and can also go low.

Honestly the only way you might to do that is have @Buck design you a box. Find a friend who can make it for you for a case or two of beer. Going 10 years in the car audio game is almost unheard of anymore because of the products that come out on yearly basis.

My suggestion is this...find a good used amplifier, new set of subwoofers and the buck box design while bribing a friend to help. Idk where you live but has to be someone near you who can help? All you really need is a saw, some clamps, glue, #6 screws and a tape measure to build a okish box and even then it will be leaps and bounds above a prefab as it will be designed for the subwoofers you pic. Buck can design a very simple box for just about anything and the very small fee is worth it.

A pair of these below combined with the amplifier below. However NO Warranty on the subwoofers. For that price it is worth taking the chance just set the gains right and it isn't hard.

Those pioneers are nice little amplifiers and put out what they claim that would be 1,200 at 1ohm which would be perfect for that setup in a 12" or this one below

I can't remember the exact price range you had. I "might" be able to even find you a mono-block amplifier as well as I "might" part with a PPI Phantom 1000.1 and if you look up the youtube video on them they do more then rated and is a damn good amplifier.

My
Honestly the only way you might to do that is have @Buck design you a box. Find a friend who can make it for you for a case or two of beer. Going 10 years in the car audio game is almost unheard of anymore because of the products that come out on yearly basis.

My suggestion is this...find a good used amplifier, new set of subwoofers and the buck box design while bribing a friend to help. Idk where you live but has to be someone near you who can help? All you really need is a saw, some clamps, glue, #6 screws and a tape measure to build a okish box and even then it will be leaps and bounds above a prefab as it will be designed for the subwoofers you pic. Buck can design a very simple box for just about anything and the very small fee is worth it.

A pair of these below combined with the amplifier below. However NO Warranty on the subwoofers. For that price it is worth taking the chance just set the gains right and it isn't hard.

Those pioneers are nice little amplifiers and put out what they claim that would be 1,200 at 1ohm which would be perfect for that setup in a 12" or this one below

I can't remember the exact price range you had. I "might" be able to even find you a mono-block amplifier as well as I "might" part with a PPI Phantom 1000.1 and if you look up the youtube video on them they do more then rated and is a damn good amplifier.

My total budget is ~$400.

Thank you for the recommendations.

Spending $400 and wanting it to last 10 years is mostly a pipe dream unless you won’t use it much. Also, wanting it to last 10 years and choosing Skar is an oxymoron.

He also screwed over all his dealers by switching to direct to consumer without warning and underselling the dealers so they were left with **** products they had to sell off cheap. Also, Skar was calling every Sundown dealer and telling them they had the same or better product to try and get them to drop Sundown. The dealers that fell for it came crawling back to Sundown shortly after.

Actually the fake TS specs and trying to copy Sundown is not in the past and still happens everyday. I don’t understand how anyone would purchase a damn thing from a business like that.

I was wondering if anyone was going to say that
I feel like a broken record sometimes
The shop I deal with did a Fit as a project car and put 2 8's in it and it sounded great
So 1 10 should be enough for that car
I would rather have one good sub and run all the power into it then 2 shitty subs
Here is a package that is the sub, the amp and the wires for $319
https://soundqubed.com/product/10-inch-sub-bundle/
Then all you need is a box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...