Skar Audio dual SDR 12s only one sub blown

Participant count
  • Participant list

momeigs

Makeshift Bass-head
Hi, I recently got my Skar audio SDR 12s installed at my local audio shop. I went through a 1 month break in period before actually turning them up. The gain on the Skar Aduio 1500 amp is set by the audio shop at about a little under 3/4 of the way. I had the bass knob turned half way when the sub on the left side blew. The enclosure was a package that came with the amp off their website. A 6 Db Bass EQ set on the amp but no bass boost on the stereo eq or phone eq. LPF at 80 Hz and Subsonic is off. Amp still powers on and isn’t in protect mode. Please help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    650.4 KB · Views: 1,467
Oh yea, I already sent in a warranty claim. Is this normal to happen though? It sound like a problem with the subwoofer if just one blew.

What shop did this? I just saw your location was Jacksonville. Florida? That's where I live and I know most of the car audio scene here.

If the gain is 3/4 up that is your problem. They were clipped to death. But Skar is pretty terrible Chinese crap to be honest with you.

What shop did this? I just saw your location was Jacksonville. Florida? That's where I live and I know most of the car audio scene here.

If the gain is 3/4 up that is your problem. They were clipped to death. But Skar is pretty terrible Chinese crap to be honest with you.
Daddyos on Atlantic blvd did all the gain settings and everything

Daddyos on Atlantic blvd did all the gain settings and everything

Yeah terrible shop.

Good friend of mine Tim Johnson from Team Orion.
T & J Automotive
6227 Blanding Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32244

Miami pro audio
11041 Beach Blvd C-75, Jacksonville, FL 32246

Audio Designs & Custom Graphics
10329 Atlantic Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32225

Yeah terrible shop.

Good friend of mine Tim Johnson from Team Orion.
T & J Automotive
6227 Blanding Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32244

Miami pro audio
11041 Beach Blvd C-75, Jacksonville, FL 32246

Audio Designs & Custom Graphics
10329 Atlantic Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32225
Yea i’ve heard some things but why did only one blow and not the other one?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.