Skar amp for sundown subs? yes or no? help

So I need some advice. I have 2 sundown sa12 d2s and im trying to figure out the best amp for them. Ive had people tell me a variety of amps to get from audiobahns to hifonics. Ive looked around and done my own research because the people that are telling me to get these amps know about as much as I do about stereos which is not that much. So I'm thinking about getting a skar audio RP 2000.1 and run them at 1 ohm. If you guys think that would be a good idea or if you have an idea for a better amp that would work with them please let me know because I'm going to be buying the Skar in about eight hours if I don't hear anything different. thank you for your help guys.

So I need some advice. I have 2 sundown sa12 d2s and im trying to figure out the best amp for them. Ive had people tell me a variety of amps to get from audiobahns to hifonics. Ive looked around and done my own research because the people that are telling me to get these amps know about as much as I do about stereos which is not that much. So I'm thinking about getting a skar audio RP 2000.1 and run them at 1 ohm. If you guys think that would be a good idea or if you have an idea for a better amp that would work with them please let me know because I'm going to be buying the Skar in about eight hours if I don't hear anything different. thank you for your help guys.
yeah should do fine (peeps here don't like the skar owner but most of their equipment is good).. depends how loud u wanting if u go ported the 1500 would do good as well.. based on new guys catch (ohm load) u will need the 2k sorry i didn't look at ohm load..

Last edited by a moderator:
My budget is around 400. I just found a guy selling a RF bd1000.1 and a bunch of old school FR

BD 1000.1 a BD 1500 for one and a BD 3000. And another guy that is selling a Phoenix Gold sx1200.1 for 200 so now im really torn

So if my final load is .05 or 2 then I cant run a one ohm stable amp? I actually have a Kenwood KAC 9106 pushing both of them right now and they actually pound pretty **** hard that Kenwood only goes down to 2 ohms though.

So if my final load is .05 or 2 then I cant run a one ohm stable amp? I actually have a Kenwood KAC 9106 pushing both of them right now and they actually pound pretty **** hard that Kenwood only goes down to 2 ohms though.
maybe u have them wired 4ohm each = 2ohm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Cassix

Cassix
Seattle,WA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views