Single Din Sony radio stopped working all of a sudden

Participant count
  • Participant list

Themoose

CarAudio.com Newbie
I’ve been listening to music on it for years with no issue. Listened through USB this morning, then it said no dev. Restarted my phone, radio, truck, Spotify, unplugged and replugged USB, still no device detected. Connected to
Bluetooth but no sound came out. Went to tuner and no sound came out.

maybe a problem with the speakers seems like, but why would that effect if my phone can be connected from USB or not? Could it be two different issues that happened at the same time?

Maybe I need a new radio and new speakers? I’m not sure.

Most aftermarket car stereos have a reset button somewhere on them. If your stereo has a detachable faceplate, the button is often behind it on the main body of the stereo. Most of the time, the button is recessed and you will need to use a pen or pick to press it.

Rarely would all your speakers stop working at the same time. Based on your description of the symptoms, your head-unit may be the culprit. You didn't tell us how old it is. Sometimes they go bad. Good luck in finding your solution.

I had something similar happen a couple of times. I went to do a demo and my HU shut completely off and then turned back on on it's own. I'm afraid to do demo's now. I'm curious to what the problem is. I'm running a Kenwood single din HD Bluetooth receiver.

I had something similar happen a couple of times. I went to do a demo and my HU shut completely off and then turned back on on it's own. I'm afraid to do demo's now. I'm curious to what the problem is. I'm running a Kenwood single din HD Bluetooth receiver.
Sounds like the unit is getting Hott and shutting down. Thats why I like a unit with a small fan on the rear most of the time or Ill cut out the BS Plastic cavity to get some heat out from the backside of a unit, get some air

Sounds like the unit is getting Hott and shutting down. Thats why I like a unit with a small fan on the rear most of the time or Ill cut out the BS Plastic cavity to get some heat out from the backside of a unit, get some air

It's only happened twice and I had just turned my stereo on to give a demo. Could I have ran it too hard too fast?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...