silver flute vs SB Acoustics what to go with 6 1/2

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jimg

CarAudio.com Regular
Going in a Toyota Tundra.
Tweeters that will be used. I have a set of Massive CT2 laying around. I also have a set of Focal TWU 1.5 I will play around with what ever one sounds best.

I have narrowed it down to either of these 6 1/2 speakers
looking at the Silver Flute W17RC38 6.5
or the SB Acoustics SB17NRX2C35

will be running 70 watts RMS per channel.
Active off of the head unit.

I plan on sound deadening the doors. I might even go a the extra step of making some templates to cover the holes in the inside door skin.

What speaker option would you go with and why.

Also if there is a better option than these two speakers for the 6 1/2 SEAS? ScanSpeak? Audax?

Would like to keep the cost around $100 or less per speaker.

looking for a decent sound quality with being the able to have some higher volume when wanted.
Also the subwoofer being used will probable be a single 8 inch sub with limited mounting depth behind the rear seat of the truck. So bass output from the sub will probably be limited

I don’t think you can go wrong either way. Heard great things about both. I have some SB Acoustics tweets and really like them.

Tough one
Silver flutes have a higher sensitivity but also higher power rating.

The SBs have always been a step above the silver flutes in terms of SQ but also double the price.

If you look at the FR charts the SF does better in the mid bass department.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...